Moliplayer on Windows Phone 8

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
veermaharaj

Moliplayer on Windows Phone 8

Post by veermaharaj »

Loving UMS for a while now. My Lumia 1520 has moliplayer and playing back any video locally off internal memory is great, however when i try to play the videos onto my phone via UMS, it always tries to convert something causing Moliplyer to revert to SW decoding as opposed to HW which uses more resources and kill the battery faster.

Is there are profile that just streams the file with no intermediary conversion and lets the media player on the other end figure out what to do?
Wolfgan

Re: Moliplayer on Windows Phone 8

Post by Wolfgan »

-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
jfreiman

Post by jfreiman »

Thanks for the tip - I have owned MoliPlayer Pro for I don't know how long and forgot about it. I have been trying other DLNA client apps but none worked with UMS and I've been having difficulties creating a Lumia Renderer that works reliably.

After re-installing MoliPlayer Pro I can now stream everything I own (so far) to my Lumia 1520. Maybe I can now get rid of one of my tablets! ;)

Thanks for the tip - oh, HW vs SW - I am just happy that I can play all my movies and tv series on it. OH, MoliPlayer Pro is also able to play my WTV HD recordings without first transcoding - very impressive. (My cable company does not use the copy-once flag for non-premium channels)
fjrial

Post by fjrial »

Hi jfreiman

Could you post your renderer file for your Windows Phone?
Custom mine does not work for my phone (Lumia 520)

Thanks