Choppy playback during certain parts of video

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
doe deer

Choppy playback during certain parts of video

Post by doe deer »

Hi guys. I'm running into a consistent problem.

While streaming anime from my pc to PS3 wirelessly, most often during intros / outros... the playback FPS drops significantly and becomes choppy, AS WELL as the audio stream..... after the cgi, etc passes, the FPS / audio resumes normality.

It should be noted I've run into this problem while transcoding, or simply remuxing for months, many versions back.

I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 620

Windows 7 Pro

Intel i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz

4.0GB ram (DDR I believe)

onboard video (Intel HD Graphics)

onboard audio

K-Lite Codec Pack and CoreAVC also installed on my PC

Any help in eliminating this problem greatly appreciated.

edit:: forget to attach the debug log (closed UMS/ reopened UMS / recreated problem / etc)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(27.48 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
valib
Developer

Re: Choppy playback during certain parts of video

Post by valib »

Debug log without setting to TRACE mode is not usefull. Have you tried to set Automatic maximum bandwidth? Your setting 30 for maximum bitrate is quite high for wireles connection.
doe deer

Re: Choppy playback during certain parts of video

Post by doe deer »

thanks for your reply

i have tried to enable "automatic maximum bandwidth" and recreate the problem.

this time, the playback was even more sluggish while the A/V sync continued to become more and more out of order. eventually, the audio stream going silent followed by the video stream locking up entirely.

i have tried to update my onboard GPU drivers via windows update and rebooted, recreated the problem, no change unfortunately.

any help is greatly appreciated tackling this issue.

thanks again

(edit: I can't attach the debug log for some reason? Everytime I hit "Add the file" it sends me to a page prompting "In order to edit posts in this forum you have to be registered and logged in." even though i was just logged in? a continuous loop)