Uncaught Exception in Main Method ??? - Only Option is QUIT

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Goose7

Uncaught Exception in Main Method ??? - Only Option is QUIT

Post by Goose7 »

I haven't used UMS in a few days, but tonight I went to launch it and I am getting the following error message box popping up:

CANNOT LAUNCH JAVA APPLICATION

Uncaught Exception in Main Method:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/pms/external/Gs_plugin: Unsupported major.minor
version 51.0

I'm attaching a screenshot of the box as well.

I don't recall installing any new versions of Java since the last time I ran the application. Kind of came as a shock since the last time I used UMS it was working great!

UMS Version 4.20
OSX 10.6.8

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions
Attachments
Java error box
Java error box
Screen shot 2014-10-27 at 11.26.31 PM.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 7208 times
Goose7

Re: Uncaught Exception in Main Method ??? - Only Option is Q

Post by Goose7 »

I ended up deleting my existing install of 4.20 and reinstalled everything, tested with the included but broken ffMPEG version to confirm the app would load and function. After that went fine, I replaced the broken ffMPEG file with the version downloaded from the ffMPEG website here:

http://ffmpegmac.net/

Everything is working normally again. Still getting multiple instances of the various iTunes folders, but all music tracks are playing normally as before.

Any idea why UMS would suddenly go south like that?
Optimus_prime

Re: Uncaught Exception in Main Method ??? - Only Option is Q

Post by Optimus_prime »

Not sure, I'm currently testing but as I don't have a 10.6* machine i'm not seeing the same error your seeing. Strange ffmpeg is doing that, i'll take a look at your version and see what maybe an issue.

Edit: Could you do me a big favor and post two logs, one with the working ffmpeg and one with the broken ffmpeg :)
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum