Sony BDP-S4200 - How to configure ?

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Soulmat

Sony BDP-S4200 - How to configure ?

Post by Soulmat »

Hi,

I just receive my Blu-ray Disc player Sony Bdp-S4200 and tryed to use it with PS3 MS, but it didn't work correctly : corrupted files for all my MKV movies.

I used to use PMS between my PC and my PS3 for read all the films from my PC (CPL box for the link), and all worked perfectly. So i downloaded UMS and thought it could better read my PC movies, but it is worst. I just installed UMS and it is shown on my BR Disc Player, but i don't see the files in the folders, my movies folders are in Transcode folders and when i go inside, it is mentionned that there is no file which can be readed.

Could you please tell me what i need to do in order to see all my files (MKV (BR RIP) included) and can read it by PMS on my Sony BDP-S4200 ?

Thank you very much !

Regards
huulio

Re: Sony BDP-S4200 - How to configure ?

Post by huulio »

I have the same BD player and tried transcoding a few MKV's with both UMS 4 and UMS 5 beta, it shows the files correctly. If you can provide the file I can test it on my setup.

Since I haven't made any magic with configurations the first thing thats pops out as a difference could be firmware version between yours and my player. Have you updated it since you bought it?