Always get network error when playing a video through UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
TSG

Always get network error when playing a video through UMS

Post by TSG »

Hello all,

I've been using PS3 Media Server for a DNLA server with my Xbox 360 without any issues. It was great! However, I got a Xbox One just before Christmas and PS3 Server doesn't show up on the system so I now use UMS. But I always get the same issue, I can't play a full movie without getting a network error. It's quite annoying having to restart the Media Center and fast forward to where it stopped streaming (usually every 4-5 minutes, UGH!).

My setup is all wired; my PC to the modem, and my modem to my Xbox. I can stream a video fine if the video can be played by the "normal" way -- that is without having to use UMS.

Does anyone have any ideas? I seem to have a unique problem because I can't seem to find another thread with a solution.

Thanks in advance. Attached is my log file and a picture of the error from the Xbox One.

EDIT: Upon looking at the log file, everything happens between 10:45:39.829 and 10:49:54.312, I think. Unless there is other important information there. Why is it "Sending stream with premature end"? Is my modem the issue?
Attachments
20150118_105049.jpg
20150118_105049.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 4189 times
ums_dbg.zip
(53.48 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Always get network error when playing a video through UMS

Post by SubJunk »

Hi TSG, this issue should be fixed by going to the Transcoding Settings tab, then clicking "FFmpeg" on the left, then unticking "Remux videos..." and clicking "Save" up the top. Please let me know how it goes :)
TSG

Re: Always get network error when playing a video through UMS

Post by TSG »

Thanks SubJunk! That worked perfectly!

And thank you for developing awesome software! :mrgreen: