Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:After testing 2.4.0 I'm still having to use your workaround to get subtitles to work in Jumpy. Is an update to Jumpy needed to solve this?
UMS still doesn't support or provide a librtmp-enabled ffmpeg (coming soon, I worked with SubJunk on this last week). Now jumpy tests to see if ffmpeg was compiled with --enable-librtmp and if not uses pmsencoder (which uses rtmpdump) instead, but pmsencoder doesn't support external subtitles (and crunchyroll links are rtmp btw). If/when UMS upgrades ffmpeg jumpy will automatically switch to using it.
kuroukage wrote:I grabbed Update 4 and the log spam is back again. Which bug did you fix?
This is what comes of posting patches hot off the grill! logspam is fixed and five's a charm hopefully :), see above. The bugfix had to do with "librtmp-style" urls, e.g. the Aljazeera one we were discussing earlier.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

infidel wrote:UMS still doesn't support or provide a librtmp-enabled ffmpeg (coming soon, I worked with SubJunk on this last week). Now jumpy tests to see if ffmpeg was compiled with --enable-librtmp and if not uses pmsencoder (which uses rtmpdump) instead, but pmsencoder doesn't support external subtitles (and crunchyroll links are rtmp btw). If/when UMS upgrades ffmpeg jumpy will automatically switch to using it.
Yeah, I'm unsure as to why he just released a new version with FFmpeg external subtitle support but no --enable-librtmp. Is SubJunk going to compile all your new code into UMS + a new version of his FFmpeg with librtmp enabled sometime soon?
infidel wrote:This is what comes of posting patches hot off the grill! logspam is fixed and five's a charm hopefully :), see above. The bugfix had to do with "librtmp-style" urls, e.g. the Aljazeera one we were discussing earlier.
Awesome, thanks for all the patches. It's pretty much perfect now. Just need to get SJ to add all your code now, so that they'll be no need for that update.jar file anymore. Or will that always be needed?
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

kuroukage wrote:I'm unsure as to why he just released a new version with FFmpeg external subtitle support but no --enable-librtmp.
Because we had lots of features ready to release so I wanted to get them out the door instead of waiting until I can get a rtmp release built which isn't a straight-forward process. The next release will have a rtmp build if all goes according to plan.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

SubJunk wrote:Because we had lots of features ready to release so I wanted to get them out the door instead of waiting until I can get a rtmp release built which isn't a straight-forward process. The next release will have a rtmp build if all goes according to plan.
Sounds good. Will you also be adding Infidel's "PMSE+FFmpeg Web Video play nice with each other" AKA "Harmony Code" to it as well? :P
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

If he has some code he wants to add he can submit it to us and I'm sure we will add it since he is a good programmer
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

SubJunk,

This is what I'm referring to. He made an update.jar file so that PMSE and FFMpeg Web Video will play nice with each other. It works rather nice and makes use of FFmpeg Web Video over PMSE and uses PMSE only when needed. Would you consider adding it to the main code of UMS?
黒影
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

That isn't code so like I said before "if he has some code he wants to add he can submit it to us"
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

SubJunk,
infidel wrote:UMS still doesn't support or provide a librtmp-enabled ffmpeg (coming soon, I worked with SubJunk on this last week). Now jumpy tests to see if ffmpeg was compiled with --enable-librtmp and if not uses pmsencoder (which uses rtmpdump) instead, but pmsencoder doesn't support external subtitles (and crunchyroll links are rtmp btw). If/when UMS upgrades ffmpeg jumpy will automatically switch to using it.
I just re-read the post above and he said he's been working with you to create a librtmp-enabled FFmpeg and Jumpy will support the switch to FFmpeg Web Video automatically, but when I tried it on 2.4.0 without using his "patch" and a librtmp-enabled FFmpeg build it still didn't work correctly. Why is that? Is it because you have to add extra code to UMS + a new custom FFmpeg build to support the new Jumpy feature? Also, I'm confused when you say that his patch isn't code. It changes the build info of UMS when used. Could you please elaborate?
黒影
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Update.jar file is complied code but SubJunk needs non compiled pure code.
Update.jar can't be added to UMS without source code.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

ExSport wrote:Update.jar file is complied code but SubJunk needs non compiled pure code.
Update.jar can't be added to UMS without source code.
Yep, I know the difference between compiled and non compiled code, but my point is he is making it sound like it's not new code for UMS at all. Which confused me because I know the difference and I don't know why he would explain it in that way. Maybe he thinks I'm completely ignorant when it comes to that subject and just tried to brush it off? I'm still unsure and would like him to clarify.
黒影