Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
kuroukage

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by kuroukage »

Infidel,

When you have time could you please take a look at these:
For the Joe Rogan Experience: I'm clicking on the folders inside Jumpy and it's showing no links. When I looked in the jumpy.log I noticed a few python errors. The plugin works just fine inside XBMC.

For Engadget: Under the "Engadget Videos" subsection I'm getting links, but the files will not play. They play fine in XBMC.

For The Trailers: I can get into the folders and pull links, but they will not play. I noticed I'm getting Java errors on my debug.log when trying to play videos from there, so I think that's why the links for that aren't playing correctly. This works fine in XBMC.

For Newslook: I'm getting double video links. Everything is doubled for some reason while the plugin in XBMC looks just fine.

I'm attaching detailed logs. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
sixpac16

Post by sixpac16 »

Hoping someone can help. I cannot install jumpy from my macbook pro. Whenever I open the file, it fails to install giving me an error message.

Last login: Sat Feb 16 18:03:34 on ttys001
/Applications/Universal\ Media\ Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/plugins/jumpy-0.2.6.run.command ; exit;
Peter-Pauns-MacBook-Pro:~ sixpac16$ /Applications/Universal\ Media\ Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/plugins/jumpy-0.2.6.run.command ; exit;
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Jumpy Plugin for PMS/UMS.....................................................................................................................................
readlink: illegal option -- f
usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
usage: dirname path
touch: /test.txt: Permission denied

\e[1;31mError : No permission to read write execute in ''\e[0m

logout

[Process completed]

Please help as I am anxious to install this. Thanks
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

sixpac16 wrote:I cannot install jumpy from my macbook pro
Hi sixpac16, I'm not surprised since I've never actually tested the jumpy installer on OS-X (due to the fact that my macbook was off vacationing in Italy back when I wrote it :)). For now would you mind trying a manual install using the zip file?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kuroukage wrote:When you have time could you please take a look at these:
  • Joe Rogan Experience, Engadget: try this xbmc.jumpy update:
    xbmc-dev-130217.zip
  • The Trailers: should work with the ffmpegwebvideo6 update.jar below.
  • Newslook: the addon is double-posting because of its Play All feature, and right now there's no quick fix in jumpy without affecting other stuff. You can, however, disable Play All by #commenting out plugin.video.newslook/addon.py line 94:
    # self.plist.add(video, listitem)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

updated update.jar for UMS 2.4.2/ffmpegwebvideo/pmsencoder coexistence:
  • put the enclosed update.jar and ffmpeg.webfilters in your UMS program folder
  • put the enclosed ffmpegwebvideo-first.groovy in your pmsencoder scripts folder
update-ffmpegwebvideo6.zip
(43.92 KiB) Downloaded 989 times
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Hey Infidel, welcome back.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it.
infidel wrote:When you have time could you please take a look at these:
  • Joe Rogan Experience
  • Engadget
Okay, so...the:
  • Joe Rogan Experience (EDIT: Fixed this by logging into Vimeo and now it works fine AKA no more Joe Rogan sounding like Alvin, Simon, or Theodore)
  • Engadget Videos (Having buffering problems and "chipmunk" sounding audio with this)
I notice for Engadget Videos the videos will play fine for about 10-15 seconds and then they stutter like crazy. Also, I'm hearing what I'd like to call the "chipmunk effect" where the voices are really high pitched. It's funny and strange all at the same time. :P

I was also trying to setup my news feeds (most of them work) for FFmpeg Web Video in my web.conf and I'm running into that exact same problem on those as well (on some of them, like these for example):

Code: Select all

videostream.Web,Live,FFMPEG,Live News=CSPAN1,rtmp://cp82346.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live playpath=CSPAN1@14845 swfUrl="http://www.c-span.org/cspanVideoHD.swf" pageURL="http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/" swfVfy=true live=true

videostream.Web,Live,FFMPEG,Live News=OC16 (Hawaii),rtmp://24.165.45.209/oc16live/ playpath=oc16 swfUrl=http://www.oc16.tv/videoplayer/jw/player.swf pageURL=http://www.oc16.tv/ app=oc16live/ live=true swfVfy=true
One thing I noticed is now Vimeo requires you to login to view videos, so I fixed that. Could that have had something to do with the Joe Rogan issue (EDIT: I guess it did because that's what fixed it)? I know that plugin depends on Vimeo and I forgot about that until just recently.

Any idea as to what could be causing the audio problem and video slowdown on those specific plugins and feeds? Also, I'm attaching logs for you to look over.

Thanks again for helping,
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(21.31 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Last edited by kuroukage on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
sixpac16

Post by sixpac16 »

infidel wrote:
sixpac16 wrote:I cannot install jumpy from my macbook pro
Hi sixpac16, I'm not surprised since I've never actually tested the jumpy installer on OS-X (due to the fact that my macbook was off vacationing in Italy back when I wrote it :)). For now would you mind trying a manual install using the zip file?

I will try and let you know. Thanks.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

sixpac16 wrote:I will try and let you know. Thanks.
Updated automatic installer for OS-X: EDIT: version c
Last edited by infidel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sixpac16

Post by sixpac16 »

Thanks infidel for your quick response. Unfortunately I am now getting this message when I install.

Error : can't find debug.log.

Please verify that this installer is located in your PMS 'plugins' folder.

Any resolution will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

sixpac16 wrote:Error : can't find debug.log.
make sure:
  • debug.log exists in your UMS top folder (it should be there if UMS has been run once).
  • the installer is located in your UMS plugins folder.
  • your terminal's current directory is the UMS plugins folder:

cd "/Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/plugins"
  • then run the installer:

./jumpy-0.2.6c.run
EDIT: version c
Last edited by infidel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.