Constant 25% CPU usage even video not being played

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Nake

Re: Constant 25% CPU usage even video not being played

Post by Nake »

valib wrote:Yes I recommend to stop BubbleUPNP and try to use Chromecast. The Chromecast support is included in UMS since 4.0.0 UMS version.
Reason why I use BubbleUPNP is that I don't have to get up from couch to get next episode playing on TV. Can you do that with just with UMS? If you can, how?
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Nake wrote:
valib wrote:Yes I recommend to stop BubbleUPNP and try to use Chromecast. The Chromecast support is included in UMS since 4.0.0 UMS version.
Reason why I use BubbleUPNP is that I don't have to get up from couch to get next episode playing on TV. Can you do that with just with UMS? If you can, how?
OK please add

Code: Select all

chromecast_extension = false
to the C:\ProgramData\UMS\UMS.conf and test it.
Nake

Post by Nake »

I have problem with testing this. When I browse with BubbleUPNP app on my phone UMS folders via BubbleUPNP Server I don't see any video files. If I directly choose UMS folders I see files but none of them are able to play via Chromecast.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Nake wrote:Reason why I use BubbleUPNP is that I don't have to get up from couch to get next episode playing on TV. Can you do that with just with UMS? If you can, how?
You can "bump" (i.e. push) any item from the web interface (available in your phone's web browser at <ums ip>:9001, e.g. 192.168.1.7:9001) to any controllable renderer, which includes chromecasts. See here.