Samsung EH5300 Series.

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
nambit

Re: Samsung EH5300 Series.

Post by nambit »

Same here. The file didn't work for me. Sigh.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I would like to know what problems people are having with the E series tv's (2012 models).
I just brought one and would like to have a go a fixing some of the issues people are having.

Is it only transcoding or are the other issues?
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
nambit

Post by nambit »

^^

IT WORKS!!!! Thanks for fixing the one thing that was wrong with UMS for me. Been waiting for this fix forever!! :)
(now if only there was a way to skip-forward while transcoding to skip stuff like intros and such, but that's asking too much)
Nuno

Post by Nuno »

Optimus_prime wrote:I would like to know what problems people are having with the E series tv's (2012 models).
I just brought one and would like to have a go a fixing some of the issues people are having.

Is it only transcoding or are the other issues?
I do have a smallish issue with the icon for UMS that the TV is displaying in the source selection menu. It shows what appears to be a generic icon (a blue TV with a question mark) with a "Network" indication. However, the same TV show correctly the icon for my minidlna server running on a wireless router ("Tux" icon with a "Allshare" indication).
Apart from this, everything I tried worked beautifully, but I don't have any need for transcoding capabilities or embedded subtitles, so I haven't tried any of those.

(The TV is a UE40EH5300 with the latest? 1032 firmware)
rafaelds

Post by rafaelds »

nambit wrote:^^

IT WORKS!!!! Thanks for fixing the one thing that was wrong with UMS for me. Been waiting for this fix forever!! :)
(now if only there was a way to skip-forward while transcoding to skip stuff like intros and such, but that's asking too much)
What exactly made it work? I can't get transcode to work at all here (Samsung ES6100 TV, latest firmware).
Thanks in advance!
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

what happens when you go to transcode something. What engine are you using, tsmuxer, mencoder, avisynth?
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
rafaelds

Post by rafaelds »

The exact same thing others reported: transcoding starts, then bitrate skyrockets and finally connection breaks down before any streaming is actually done. Using any one of the encoders.
RelieveBoredum

Post by RelieveBoredum »

I've got a samsung hu series, it connects and plays ok when I have the audio set to tv speakers, when I turn it to receiver then no sound at all.... Anyone come across this?
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

No i haven't seen that myself. Check what output it's set to, mines set to PCM
How Ask For Support