X-BOX One issue with 5.0.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Manco

X-BOX One issue with 5.0.0

Post by Manco »

I was wonder if anyone else had this issue. I had been running 4.4.0 just fine. I use UMS mainly for streaming video podcasts and the X-box one's media player app for streaming mp4 video.

I uninstalled 4.4.0 and installed 5.0.0 to find that nothing worked I got error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). I was then surprised to find out that xbox ones media stopped working too. I was getting the same error as for UMS. At first the problem was with installing the wrong version of UMS I used the java7 version though I have java 8 installed on my laptop but that really didn't make sense since I've been running 4.4.0 with java 7 just fine with java 8 installed on my laptop. I still gave 5.0.0 java 8 a try and still nothing worked not UMS and not the media player app on my xbox one.

I then decided to give 4.4.0 java 8 a try and see what happens. Uninstalled 5.0.0 installed 4.4.0 java 8 and in worked sort of. I still couldn't stream video podcasts but the xbox one's media player app was kind of working very hit and miss. Some mp4's would play some wouldn't. The the next time I opened the app videos that played previously wouldn't play and some videos that didn't play before would suddenly work. It just seem totally random.

I have since gone back to 4.4.0 java7 and UMS podcast streaming works and the xbox one media player app is working again. Anyone else have this happen?

Also I'll add through all of this my xbox 360's video app still worked with no issues.
disherabcd

Re: X-BOX One issue with 5.0.0

Post by disherabcd »

Same problem with ver 5
UMS sees Xbox 360
Xbox 360 sees UMS but no videos found
Reverted back to previous and working fine