Version 5.1.1 Bad News

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
michaelt

Re: Version 5.1.1 Bad News

Post by michaelt »

valib wrote:michael what does it mean .mkvx extension?
It is said: "when sick - stay away". Yup - my head cold went to my brain! During earlier testing I added the 'x' so as to avoid UMS looking at the file. I forgot AND failed to notice it when I posted (which explains why the Parse errors disappeared). Sorry.
valib wrote:michael I think that also sign "*" can cause the problem.
The characters '*' and '?' are the problem in v5.1.1. I retested all the Title printable characters with 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.1.0 and 5.1.1, all Java 8 - only 5.1.1 failed Parse and DataStream.The others parsed all Titles correctly and the videos played.

again - sorry for the bad post.

I have all the log files but will only post the latest two versions. If needed I can supply the others.
Attachments
ums_dbg-24_510J8_Good.zip
(37.13 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
ums_dbg-26_511J8_ParseErrs_NoInputStream.zip
(74.77 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
MacPro5,1 - 2.8 GHz, 32 GB, 20TB, OS X 10.11.6,
. . . . and a few others.
Samsung UN55C8000
Home Theater (WIP): OS X based now, dedicated Linux later.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

michael in short time Subjunk is going to release new UMS version 5.1.2 with new MediaInfo version 0.7.73. It seems to me that this external library has the problem with the characters '*' and '?'. You can test the new version and we will see. The problem introduced in version 5.1.1 is caused by the implicitly enabled new parsing method MediaInfo = true in the config file. So if you are not willing to rename your media files and avoid using not supported characters you can use Samsung-CD.conf file from the previous version e.g. 5.1.0 which works for you.
michaelt

Post by michaelt »

valib wrote:michael in short time Subjunk is going to release new UMS version 5.1.2 with new MediaInfo version 0.7.73. It seems to me that this external library has the problem with the characters '*' and '?'. You can test the new version and we will see.
Good news - I'll retest & post when I see it.
valib wrote:So if you not willing to rename your media files and avoid using not supported characters ...
Not a matter of "not willing" to change - the Title names are read from an online database via the EAN/UPC. I have no control over it.
valib wrote:you can use Samsung-CD.conf file from the previous version e.g. 5.1.0 which works for you.
Note: this is not a "hard" problem, it is intermittent in V5.*. When I first ran 5.1.1 there were no character problems. I have a test library with all printable characters. Most errors cleared up in V5* when "Prettify filenames" and "Ignore the word 'the'" were unselected. However, all characters worked for a short while in 5.1.1, then the '*' & '?' errors. Why??? Don't know.

Just saw the media info dll 0.7.73 post - I'll try it now.
Samsung UN55C8000
michaelt

Post by michaelt »

valib wrote:michael in short time Subjunk is going to release new UMS version 5.1.2 with new MediaInfo version 0.7.73. It seems to me that this external library has the problem with the characters '*' and '?'. You can test the new version and we will see.
Tried it - no change. Same Parse errors and it seems to trigger the "Not Supported File Format" error too.
Have dbg file (-27) if needed.
Samsung UN55C8000