Can't play MP3 files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
panzer

Can't play MP3 files

Post by panzer »

Hi,

I just installed UMS and I'm having problem listening to MP3 files on my Samsung TV.
When playing FLAC files, the audio is good but time is not displayed (I guess transcoding is applied).
When play MP3 files I hear noise, and the file's length is very short. I think it doesn't detect the format correctly.

Thanks
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Can't play MP3 files

Post by SubJunk »

Hi panzer, please make logs by following the Problem Reporting Guidelines above
panzer

Post by panzer »

Hi,

Attached is the log for my problem.
I found a way to bypass the problem by forcing transcoding to mp3 files. The problem is that I don't see the time for the transcoded files.

Thank
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(154.49 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the logs, I may have fixed the MP3 issue, please test this version: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-bd9e20c.exe
panzer

Post by panzer »

Thanks, this problem is solved.
But now all my mkv files are being transcoded. This causes me two problems:
1. The subtitles are embedded into the transcoded stream so I loose the ability to control them through my TV
2. Time is not showing correctly and I'm unable to skip to specific time.

I attached log of a playback that worked correctly yesterday and now has problems.

Thanks
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(52.13 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cool, I'm glad the MP3 bug is fixed.

The MKV transcoding issue should be fixed in http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-d9dd580.exe

Also, I'm working on some new code that I'd like tested for stability, if you could do me a favor and run the following version to see how it works (particularly with subtitles) I'd be grateful http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-701857b.exe
It includes the fixes from this thread too
panzer

Post by panzer »

I've taken your latest version and all bugs are fixed (so far). The only different I see is that in the status tab, the TV doesn't receive the Samsung's logo (it just turns black from gray).
I don't see any problem with the subtitles. I tested it on several types (avi, mkv, mp4) and check 3D as well.

If there are any problems I'll give you the logs.

By the way, one of my TVs can decode flac files. Is it possible to transcode flac only to devices that can't decode it?

Once again, Thanks.
panzer

Post by panzer »

Update,
I checked things on the other TV (Samsung EH5300) and it doesn't play mkv and flac files, both show unsupported format message.
On the Samsung D6400 everything is fine.
In the previous versions both TVs showed same behavior.

In the attached log you can see both flac and mkv attempts.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(227.4 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

panzer wrote:I've taken your latest version and all bugs are fixed (so far). The only different I see is that in the status tab, the TV doesn't receive the Samsung's logo (it just turns black from gray).
Which TV doesn't show the icon?
panzer wrote:I don't see any problem with the subtitles. I tested it on several types (avi, mkv, mp4) and check 3D as well.
That's great news, thanks!
panzer wrote:By the way, one of my TVs can decode flac files. Is it possible to transcode flac only to devices that can't decode it?

Once again, Thanks.
Sure, we can give different instructions to each TV
panzer wrote:Update,
I checked things on the other TV (Samsung EH5300) and it doesn't play mkv and flac files, both show unsupported format message.
On the Samsung D6400 everything is fine.
In the previous versions both TVs showed same behavior.

In the attached log you can see both flac and mkv attempts.
Please replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers\Samsung-EH5300.conf with the attached version and let me know if it changes things for MKV and FLAC files
Attachments
Samsung-EH5300.conf
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
panzer

Post by panzer »

Both TVs doesn't show icons.

I tested the new configuration file and it made no difference. Still flac and mkv generate error on TV