Network Error when 90% through video

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
miceder

Network Error when 90% through video

Post by miceder »

I don't know if this is a transcoder problem or a Samsung/AllShare problem, but whenever I try to watch a MEncoder video on AllShare (tried TV and BluRay Player), it gives me a network error when I'm ~90% through the video and exits AllShare, going back to the home screen. Whether it's a 2 minute or 22 minute video, it always happens at around 90%.
Transcoded videos seem to work fine on my PS3, and streaming without transcoding (AVIs and such) work fine on AllShare.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(62.86 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
miceder

Re: Network Error when 90% through video

Post by miceder »

So I kept messing with it, and I'm pretty sure it's a Samsung problem with transcoding. I tried out Serviio just to check, and it has the same problem.
Watching the UMS status screen while transcoding something, I get the network error when the transcoding itself has finished (I assume that's what the little bar below the renderers show; network error when it empties towards the end), regardless of whether there's still buffered video to send out.

I was able to try it with an older Samsung TV, and everything worked fine- no network errors or forced exits, so I think it might be a problem with the newer firmware?

Newer TV (Network Error): UN60ES8000F, Software version 001041, SmartHub version 4.618-5.0
Older TV (No Error): UN60D7000VF, Software version 001020, SmartHub version 3.745-6.0.00061
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Network Error when 90% through video

Post by SubJunk »

Hi miceder, please try forcing detection of "Samsung C/D Series" before you use the ES8000 - this will let us know if the issue is with how we handle the different TVs.
To do it, just go to the General Configuration tab, select "Samsung C/D Series" from the "Default renderer when detection fails" setting, then tick "Force default renderer" next to that. Then restart the program and see if the issue is resolved. Thanks