ps3 not picking up UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
tcgl01

ps3 not picking up UMS

Post by tcgl01 »

Hello,

The PS3 not seeing the UMS.
The UMS not seeing PS3
i attached a screenshot of status tab and as to whats appearing.

- UMS version 5.1.2
- Windows 8.1
- PS3 confirmed as to IP address and net work connectivity.
-The UMS picks up my onkyo receiver, Chrome cast, and Android media player called XIOS DS media player
- i uninstalled and reinstalled UMS wtih no success.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Image of the UMS status tab
Image of the UMS status tab
ps3.PNG (80.91 KiB) Viewed 12482 times
ums_dbg.zip
zipped debug file
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
tcgl01

Re: ps3 not picking up UMS

Post by tcgl01 »

any ideas as to why ps3 not appearing in UMS
Viridel

Post by Viridel »

+1 / Bump

My PS3 has stopped communicating with PS3MS, which I then found was replaced by UMS - yet I have the same final result.

UMS sees my projector (physically 2" away from the PS3)
PS3 sees Vuze MS on my PC, as well Twonky and the built in renderers on my QNAP NAS.

So basically UMS CAN see external devices & PS3 CAN see PC and external NAS -> UMS & the PS3 just can't see each other

I've tried the manual .conf file, but couldn't get anywhere, as "Received on Socket" and "User-Agent" did not appear in the log file.

So I'm kinda' handcuffed at the moment. Any help would be appreciated!

*** Correction: the projector does not see UMS, even though UMS can see the projector.
Last edited by Viridel on Mon May 11, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Guys you both didnt tell us which IP has your device which is not seen by UMS. Generaly if the device name or its IP is not listed in the log there is usually a network (firewall) problem.
Viridel

Post by Viridel »

valib wrote:Guys you both didnt tell us which IP has your device which is not seen by UMS. Generaly if the device name or its IP is not listed in the log there is usually a network (firewall) problem.
In my case it's 192.***.*.70. Printers are on 72 & 73, which work fine. System is 69, which is fine. NAS is 65 & 66, which are fine. etc.

Just did a ping to the PS3, and:
PACKETS SENT PACKETS RECIEVED PACKETS LOSS ROUND TRIP MIN ROUND TRIP MAX ROUND TRIP AVG
4 4 0 0.529 0.716 0.602

So the connection is definitely there, it's just not hitting UMS (and vice versa)
tcgl01

Post by tcgl01 »

valib wrote:Guys you both didnt tell us which IP has your device which is not seen by UMS. Generaly if the device name or its IP is not listed in the log there is usually a network (firewall) problem.
Hi Valib,

The IP address associated with the PS3 is 192.168.0.130 and the laptop is 192.168.0.139.
also review my original post as it has shows a screenshot of there devices the ums picks up without an issue.

thanks,
Robin
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Viridel wrote:+1 / Bump

My PS3 has stopped communicating with PS3MS, which I then found was replaced by UMS - yet I have the same final result.
So the problem started before you install UMS. As I wrote before it seems to me as the setting problem either on PS3, network or your PC.

Please guys try to install the latest UMS version set the log to TRACE mode and let UMS few minutes working to be able to see the network communication in log. After that please post the log here.
Viridel

Post by Viridel »

valib wrote:So the problem started before you install UMS. As I wrote before it seems to me as the setting problem either on PS3, network or your PC.
However I can use Vuze MS on the PS3, and it works fine (VuzeMS is just a lot more cumbersome, with terribly slow transcoding)

Files attached as requested.
ums_dbg.zip
Screenshots included
(219.86 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Thanks for all your help!
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I am not an expert for PS3 but it is definitelly not sending a M-SEARCH or NOTIFY messages (or they are somewhere blocked) so UMS doesn't see it and cannot respond. Maybe some users or developers who has PS3 can help you. Sorry.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Did it ever working? On PS3 you have to enable DLNA/UPnP support in settings.