Xbox 360 won't play MKV

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Glimmer

Xbox 360 won't play MKV

Post by Glimmer »

Has anyone managed to play MKVs on an Xbox 360 using UMS lately? The only files I seem to be able to play with any regularity are MP4s and AVIs. I've tried playing MKVs using the FFmpeg, MEncoder, and VLC engines, but the 360 always just says "Can't play this content because it may not be supported. Status code: 69-C00D36C4". I made a thread about this issue a while back when I first noticed it, but I forgot about it since it's another family member who uses the 360, and I guess the issue has never been resolved. The last version of UMS that seemed to play MKVs was 2.6.5.

I have attached the trace logs from both 2.6.5 and 5.1.4 while attempting the play the same video. 2.6.5 plays the video with both FFmpeg and MEncoder while 5.1.4 fails to play the file with FFmpeg, MEncoder, and VLC.
Last edited by Glimmer on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phweak

Re: Xbox 360 won't play MKV

Post by Phweak »

I gave up entirely trying to stream a half-way decent quality MKV to my xbox 360. I can't seem to find any working solution. Tversity seemed to be the closest I got but the playback was choppy as shit, granted its on wireless, but my WAN upload speed should be sufficient and the host computer is on an i7 4770K, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 970, so the encoding is not the problem.
wnna2

Re: Xbox 360 won't play MKV

Post by wnna2 »

Here recommend you a simple way, use HD Video Converter Factory Pro tool to convert MKV to formats supported by XBOX 360 . Add your MKV files,then select"XBOX" as an output format,then just run it .