TV Detected but not Visa Versa, PS4 not detected either.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ghostscore

TV Detected but not Visa Versa, PS4 not detected either.

Post by ghostscore »

Hi there.
I have been having issues with this for a while now and have been using PS3Media server in the meantime, as that seems to work flawlessly.
However I want to start using UMS, but the issue I'm having or 2 issues rather are these:

-UMS detects my TV (Samsung), but my TV does not detect UMS. (PS3MS works fine)
-UMS does not detect my PS4 and my PS4 does not detect UMS.

I attached the debug log and hope someone could point me in the right direction.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(24.25 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
champdee

Re: TV Detected but not Visa Versa, PS4 not detected either.

Post by champdee »

I don't see ps4 being detected either. What should we do?
slateman

Post by slateman »

I've been using UMS for a few weeks after TVersity became garbage with their 'free' version.

However, yesterday, something happened and I have the same issue as OP. UMS recognizes my Blu-ray player but the player itself doesn't connect to UMS. My PS3 and PS4 (and phone) all cannot see the server either. I didn't change any config files, and I even reinstalled (clean install) and the issue remained. After toiling for a long while, I *finally* found a media server that did what I wanted! And now it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(22.17 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
tatabrada

Post by tatabrada »

Since the last two updates not detected by any of many renderers I could provide... Nothing cures this issue. The servers itself shows all the available rendererers.