Rare Video Corruption with 5.2.1 with FFmpeg

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Madoka

Rare Video Corruption with 5.2.1 with FFmpeg

Post by Madoka »

I don't have logs as, so far, it's been a random event, so my logs haven't been set to Trace. It's happened at least 6 times so far, and I've even tried the 5.2.2a nightly with the new FFmpeg.

What happens is that about 6-7 minutes into the show I will get a horizontal line of messed up pixels (or horizontal blocks of them) that run 3/4 of the way across the screen, about 1/3 of the way up. It looks like how older versions of Mencoder would have pixilation on the last frame of the show. I can rewind back past the error and it won't happen again. Playing the file on the computer will show no errors in the file.

It doesn't happen with 5.1.4, and I'm guessing it may have something to do with the fast FFmpeg start change because the first time I noticed it was after that commit when I tried the nightly for it.

This is on 64-bit Win 7 with 64-bit Java 8u45 to a PS3. If I manage to get logs, I'll post them but so far it's random.