Help needed with UMS and subtitles and missing files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ice1505

Help needed with UMS and subtitles and missing files

Post by ice1505 »

Hi .,

Im having trouble with UMS...

I have been running ums for about a year now and im having trouble with subtitles..

Im playing to a Sony Bravia KDL-40W705C

with the 5.2.2 version i was able after MONTHS of fooling around in settings , to be able to play every file with subs.. but of course my pc went down and i had to reinstall windows without having a clue to how i managed to get subtitles working..

im actually having 2 problems as listed below.

1. Ums sometimes wont show me any files in the folders, thus i have to use the transcode folder to find them, this being mostly mp4 and mkv files.
if i turn off the video file engines all files show every time.

2. I am unable to play files with subtitles., regardless of internal subs or external subs.

I am not quite a novice but not a expert either.. and i do not understand how all of those thing work so please no wildly technical talk :-)

I have embedded the trace files as requested when asking for help..

And should there be a danish person on forum that could get in contact with me it would be highly appriciated...
Im not sure, but i have a feeling that Moderator squadjot might be danish as from pictures of his language settings that i have seen in a post.

Any help would be nice, and of course if more info is needed on my setup or settings just tell me what you need and i will provide.

Thanks in advance,

Ice1505
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(78.28 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
squadjot

Re: Help needed with UMS and subtitles and missing files

Post by squadjot »

Hi, yea i'm danish =)

For now i'll keep it in english as others might find this info usefull.
Is your TV running Android? Others with KDL WXXXC model is having success using android app called "Kodi"
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4107
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Hi ,

No , its not an android tv..

Its just the built in media player thinga ma jig :-)

I just dont understand why it happens... cause its like it does not play the files nor send them when not transcoding..
but its just with some files..

If i am playing a movie downloaded from nxtgn tracker all subtitles always play , and those are also external srt files with same name as movie files.

But if i download for exemple tv series from tvunderground and get subtitles from subscene, podnapisi , opensubtitles and so on there are no subs showing.

And the media player in the tv works like a charm with subs, no problems when playing from usb drive.

And this is REALLY driving me mad , i have been trying for MONTHS cause i really need the subs because for some reason i cant catch whats being said when multiple people are talking at once, or when for exemple theres an applause in the middle of a sentence..

so very annoying not having the subs..

And im not giving up on it as i have got it to work before and i love the way ums lists files on the tv..
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Hi again...

I must say i do not know what it was that did it., but last night i was mingling with the damn server again, and now its all working..

Tomorrow im gonna take screenshots of every damn setting in that thing, so there will be no problems doing it again later :-)

But im using sony bravia w., forced now.. and clear audio / sub preference and language preference., turn all videoengines off but mencoder..

and i have dont other stuff i know that i dont rembember what was.. but hey, now its working.., and with at brand new hdd im not expecting brake down in the near future..

Thanks again for all the help.

Ice1505