[Solved] DVD does not sync

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
hschoof

[Solved] DVD does not sync

Post by hschoof »

I have copied a few of My DVDs to the hard drive to see if they will play on UMS. As it turns out, they do, however the audio is several seconds behind the action.
Is there some way to adjust this, or am I doing something wrong?
I have copied the DVDs by placing the Video_TS folder inside a folder with the name of the DVD.
On the TV this then shows up as all the individual VOB files.
Any help greatly appreciated.
I know I can rip them to an MP4 but I lose the chapter markers that way.
squadjot

Re: DVD does not sync

Post by squadjot »

Have you tried leaving "Keep AC-3 tracks" unticked?
Transocding Settings > Common Transcode Settings > Audio Settings <--

If that does not work, try unticking "Lossless DVD Playback", that might work but will probably be slower to navigate.
chrisl

Re: DVD does not sync

Post by chrisl »

I had the same sync issue when playing DVDs and the option to "Keep AC-3 tracks" unticked solved it.
Thank you.

By the way, since version 5.2.0, I am unable to read a DVD (ISO od VIDEO_TS) on PS3...

I'll start a new thread for that ...
hschoof

Re: [Solved] DVD does not sync

Post by hschoof »

Thank you so much squadjot. Unticking Keep AC-3 tracks fixed the problem.
All I need to do now is work out how to actually get the chapter markers to work. I'll check through the forum and see if there is anyone with the same problem.
ExSport

Re: [Solved] DVD does not sync

Post by ExSport »

Nice there is a workaround but the best way is not to recompress audio so it will be played without sacrifying quality, as an original AC3.
I am using is by default for any file I have (mkv,...) and don't want to recompress them 8-) Unfortunately I don't have any DVD folders right now.
About the chapters, there is no option to generate chapters depending on MKV chapters or DVD mastering. Chapters are generated statically (every X minutes) configurable via UMS GUI settings.