HD Audio Tracks for movies???

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
radamo

HD Audio Tracks for movies???

Post by radamo »

any plans to enable HD Audio streaming? Dolby Tru-HD, Atmos, DTS:X?
Nadahar

Re: HD Audio Tracks for movies???

Post by Nadahar »

I thought truehd was already supported, but I haven't checked it now and assume you're right. In any case, I doubt there's a lot of renderers out there that can play those over DLNA (that a receiver can play them from other sources like Bluray etc, doesn't mean it can play it via DLNA).

Streaming a format for UMS is very easy, all we need is that MediaInfo can parse the format and we can easily deliver it. Transcoding also requires FFmpeg support. If there are formats supported by Mediainfo and FFmpeg but not UMS, feel free to link to sample files and we will take a look.
radamo

Post by radamo »

I will keep an eye out and see. I guess as these become more main stream we will see them "streaming". Thanks for the quick response.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

TrueHD is supported if you select the Encoded audio passthrough option under transcode settings.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Supermanfan77 wrote:TrueHD is supported if you select the Encoded audio passthrough option under transcode settings.
In this case your audio receiver must be able to support TrueHD (or any other advanced audio format) as the audio stream will be passed as is to the receiver for decoding.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
radamo

Post by radamo »

Not getting Atmos or DTS:x to stream from mkv or m2ts files. The DTS:x are showing at DTS on the PS3 and the Atmos don't have audio at all. Using version 6.2.1
mrtickle

Post by mrtickle »

radamo wrote:Not getting Atmos or DTS:x to stream from mkv or m2ts files. The DTS:x are showing at DTS on the PS3 and the Atmos don't have audio at all. Using version 6.2.1
I have the same problem. Can we have some help please? I get the error "This content cannot be played" on my PS3. Using version 6.3.0.

Note: I did have the problem of ffmpeg.exe not being built properly for XP. I used the excellent instructions posted by cdlvcdlv here: https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewto ... =13&t=3572 to fix that.

After fixing that I'm really pleased that I can now play the DTS:X 11.1 callout check from http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tr ... ssless.jpg successfully!

I'm getting Dolby Atmos clips working too.

My settings are:
Keep AC-3 tracks - TICKED
Keep DTS tracks - TICKED
Encoded Audio passthrough - TICKED