movies cut out after 20 min

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
shaunwhelan

movies cut out after 20 min

Post by shaunwhelan »

Hi when I am watching a movie on ps4 using UMS to stream to media player the movies custs out every 20 min. I got this line below in UMS

Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers:User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; UPnP/1.0; Windows NT/5.1), Cache-Control: no-cache, Pragma: no-cache
Nadahar

Re: movies cut out after 20 min

Post by Nadahar »

I've heard about it from other users, and it seems it's a problem with the PS4 media player. But, I don't know, I don't own a PS4. The message you posted doesn't seem to come from the PS4, but probably some other device on your network (it might be a computer). If you want anyone to look at the logs, please post debug files as described in red above.
shaunwhelan

Post by shaunwhelan »

Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers:User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; UPnP/1.0; Windows NT/5.1), Cache-Control: no-cache, Pragma: no-cache

That's the log I get on UMS on my computer
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

shaunwhelan wrote:Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers:User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; UPnP/1.0; Windows NT/5.1), Cache-Control: no-cache, Pragma: no-cache

That's the log I get on UMS on my computer
Not if you follow the instructions in red above.
GuillermoAV

Post by GuillermoAV »

I have exactly the same problem, and for I can see, it is a very common one. Right now, I'm streaming to my PS3 instead of my PS4, using exactly the same PC, same router and configuration and even the same file. The drop off is not happening so I think the issue must be only related to the PS4. I have seeked into the menu of the PS4 but it seems that there is little to be changed or adjusted, so I don't know what else to do. What is really beyond me, is why some people are able to stream with no problems and some others have this kind of "time limit"... :(
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

As far as I know this is a PS4 specific issue, and the fix is probably that Sony updates their media player.