UMS no longer recognizes PS4

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
phantomsmx

UMS no longer recognizes PS4

Post by phantomsmx »

I am unsure when it changed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few other tweaks nothing seems to make a difference and it was working fine. Uploaded logs maybe someone can give me some advice because its probably something simple that I am not doing.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(20.11 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
valib
Developer

Re: UMS no longer recognizes PS4

Post by valib »

It must be outside the UMS. Either problem with the firewall setting or with the network. From the log I see that UMS is communicating well.
Sinful_Skiz

Post by Sinful_Skiz »

Hey, I'm not quite sure why but suddenly my UMS started not detecting my 2 PS4's as well. I run it off my laptop.

I discovered something that you might want to try, since it worked for me.

I noticed that suddenly (perhaps since Media Player on PS4 has been updated to Ver 2.0), if my UMS is hosted on my laptop via WI-FI, it cannot detect my PS4's that are connected via Ethernet, regardless of it being through the same router and network.

If UMS is hosted from a PC or Laptop using Wi-Fi, the PS4 that it detects needs to be connected via Wi-Fi.
If UMS is hosted from a PC or Laptop using Ethernet, the PS4 that it detects need to be connected via Ethernet.

I tried Vice-Versa connections (UMS on Wi-Fi, PS4 on Ethernet & UMS on Ethernet, PS4 on Wi-Fi), but no matter what, if they're not on the SAME connection type, for some reason, UMS cannot detect the PS4 as an available renderer. I tried forcing the IP & Port but to no avail.

I'm quite sure this is related to how the Media Player Application on PS4 works now that it's been updated to 2.0

Hope this helps.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

could be a network problem or a configuration change my tp link modem wifi router has an auto update function this also could be a problem too because could modify some settings or add new ones that mess up with the ums and the ps4 integration maybe you should check if everything is correct on both sides. i never had this kind of a problem on neither my old or the new laptop its Always find the console wich is connected by the ethernet wired connection. try get the lastest java 8 as possible and the 6.4.0 or the 6.4.1 snapshot of the ums. ;)