RESOLVED: DirecTV HRxx and Hxx Thread

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Griffin_NC

Re: RESOLVED: DirecTV HRxx and Hxx Thread

Post by Griffin_NC »

I updated with the code you listed and got the same results. I'll post the full debug below. I started playing with some settings in my transcode options and did come up with a solution, unfortunately it messes up my playback on the PS3. To get two channel sound on my receivers, I have to uncheck the options to keep AC3 and DTS tracks in the Audio settings in UMS. That really isn't a good option for me cause I keep all my DTS-HD tracks to push through my surround system. Is there a way to override that in the render conf file for DirectTV or modify the PS3 conf to force it to keep the DTS/AC3 tracks? I didn't see anywhere in the thread where it suggested unchecking those boxes and I though keep AC3 was checked by default on install.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.txt
Debug file
(93.68 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

No because the MediaShare service in DirecTV is realllly a crappy way to stream. :/

its so outdated and it looks like DirecTv wont update it.

The DirecTV.conf really was a POC to see if it works. Until DirecTV can increase the functionality of MediaShare, any added functionality will have to be put on hold.

The biggest one is that 5 minute screensaver time out. That's the most annoying one of all.
mmayo01

Post by mmayo01 »

I just re-copied the conf from the OP, restarted UMS, and now I'm able to watch at least 1 mkv on the direcTV genie with sound.

I haven't tried any others yet, and I'm not sure why this time it worked as I was pretty sure I had copied the OP several times. Either way, I guess it's still luck of the draw when it works and when it doesn't.

For the files that work, great! For the ones that don't I can just hook my laptop to the TV via HDMI to get those to work.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Within the last few days I have updated it...
Chugalug

Post by Chugalug »

The new config works great on my HD boxes. I have the Genie system with 4 minis, but a couple of my minis are on standard def TVs. Is there anything I could tweak to get this to work on my minis on SDTVs? The main reason I'm wanting to stream is actually so I can stream to my SDTV in my kitchen. Thanks for your work on the config. The new one plays perfectly for me on HDTV (No sound at all previously).
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Chugalug wrote:The new config works great on my HD boxes. I have the Genie system with 4 minis, but a couple of my minis are on standard def TVs. Is there anything I could tweak to get this to work on my minis on SDTVs? The main reason I'm wanting to stream is actually so I can stream to my SDTV in my kitchen. Thanks for your work on the config. The new one plays perfectly for me on HDTV (No sound at all previously).
Yes, so this is the unfortunate downfall - you have to set the Conf to be the minimum resolution that you have in your DVR network...and the rest of your Directv boxes will receive that same low res...

For example...

you have the Genie as 1080p, bedroom 1, 2, 3, are also 1080p, but your Garage tv is only a 720p... well in the conf you have to change
"-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9:4"

to

"-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9:4,scale=1280:720" for 720p

or

"-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9:4,scale=720:480" for 480i/p
Chugalug

Post by Chugalug »

Hmm... Still doesn't work on SDTVs. Is there anything else within the config that I should change?
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

what resolution did you set on your Directv?
Chugalug

Post by Chugalug »

480i and 480p are both clicked on the Mini Genie in question. 4:3 aspect ratio.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Try "-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9:4,scale=640:480" for SDTV

sorry bout that.