Problem with stopping and restarting video in UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Just

Problem with stopping and restarting video in UMS

Post by Just »

Hi!

We have computers with win7 in network and a philips smart TV is part of this network.

Last night I was watching a video on this TV with the network as source. So I was watching a file from a computer on the computer.

I have installed UMS on every computer in our network and shared the file.

The TV plays the movie correctly but if I pause the video with || key I can't really restart it.

It went OK after putting the triangle button and the || button quite randomly and with some patient the movie restarted again.

Also I can't really slide a knob to a certain location in the movie. Cause it only starts at the beginning everytime .

What I can't do is to present a movie with slides (a powerpoint movie for example).

My question: How can I solve this?

Do I have to install plex for this function?
Just

Re: Problem with stopping and restarting video in UMS

Post by Just »

Ok, better problem formulation:

I have troubles with speeding forward and pausing/resume the video that is playing from a network source.

I played bit transcodings this day and found out if there is NO transcoding, that I can pause and resume the video without problem. Fast forward or finding a place in the video was slow ( every 10 seconds forward is one button click).

So now I think the transcodings don't work for pausing/resuming or fastforwarding the video.

Anyone who can eloborate on this, and give more insight?