Files not appearing on a PS3 via UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SmakDaddy

Files not appearing on a PS3 via UMS

Post by SmakDaddy »

Hi all, I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction, because I have been fighting with this for hours with no luck at all.

I have installed UMS on NAS4Free, configured it, and set it to run on startup.

This part works fine, and in Avia (android phone) and on the PS3 itself, I can see the server appearing.

The problem is, in avia when I go into the folder where the video files are, they show up (all .mp4), and on the PS3, it claims that there are no titles there.

I thought this might be an issue with mencode not installed, but I have checked and double checked, all the packages are there...

The specifics are:

installed location is /mnt/sysapps/lxres/UMS
UMS.conf location is /mnt/sysapps/lxres/UMS
there is a symbolic link as /root/.config/UMS -> /mnt/sysapps/lxres/UMS (this is because for some reason it was creating the UMS directory there itself, and creating a dummy UMS.conf inside.)
lastly, I am running it with

Code: Select all

cd /mnt/sysapps/lxres/UMS;./UMS.sh & 
as a PostInit command script.

On a totally different server, I am running PS3 Media Server, and the same file shows up there fine. I have gone through the PMS.conf and the UMS.conf making sure all the settings are basically the same, but nothing seems to stand out.

Ideas anyone?

Edit: I should Probably add that I have hide file extensions set to false, because I figured maybe the PS3 is ignoring them because the type isnt being displayed. This caused no change.