UMS doesn't launch anymore on my Mac

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
tanaytopac

UMS doesn't launch anymore on my Mac

Post by tanaytopac »

As title suggests, I cannot be able to launch UMS anymore on my Mac and I don't know what broke it. When I click its icon to launch, I see Universal Media Server on my dock for about 2 seconds and then it disappears without any error message.

Is there any method to track what's going on? Do we have a debug log enabled version out there?
Optimus_prime

Re: UMS doesn't launch anymore on my Mac

Post by Optimus_prime »

You need to find the debug log, but what version are you running. I'm not near my mac but i can let you know how to find it, just as (i think you can see it in the system messages pane)
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
tanaytopac

Post by tanaytopac »

Optimus_prime wrote:You need to find the debug log, but what version are you running. I'm not near my mac but i can let you know how to find it, just as (i think you can see it in the system messages pane)
Thanks Optimus,

I'm running the latest version of both UMS ans OS X. I've tried reinstalling UMS and even reinstalling it after completely cleaned UMS using Cleanmymac.

Of course I can try tracing system messages pane if you say where i should look at. Actually If you have any spare time, i'd be much appreciated if you connect me using Teamviewer or something, if it suits just pm me the time you'll be available.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

tanaytopac, to find the log items you need to post, you find it in console. I find it in launchpad/options/Console. Launch the console note the time, and then launch UMS. Wait until it UMS shutsdown then post the logs from before the time you've recorded so i can have a look at them. I don't have much time atm so just post the results when you get a chance and see if i can solve your issue. Just to clarify your running 2.6.5 java 6 version?
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
tanaytopac

Post by tanaytopac »

Ok, here's the message I get when I press the UMS icon. I hope this will help.

25/6/13 11:42:18.158 PM JavaApplicationStub[2897]: Unrecognized Java VM option ignored: -jar

Yes I'm running that version.
tanaytopac

Post by tanaytopac »

I assume this is a Java problem. So I re-installed Java v7r25, but nothing changed. Do I need to install java 6 or something?
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

you may need the java 7 version then. Try this one https://sourceforge.net/projects/unimed ... %20Builds/ and tell me how you go
How Ask For Support
tanaytopac

Post by tanaytopac »

That also didn't help. Again UMS doesn't launch after clicking the icon, same result. However this time, nothing is written to the console.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Not sure what your problem is, i will look into it as i haven't installed the latest java update. I'll do that and get back to you
How Ask For Support
tanaytopac

Post by tanaytopac »

Thanks, I'll be waiting for it