[SOLVED].tts files not showing

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Danne_V

Post by Danne_V »

Hi!

Just found UMS by sheer fluke. Made my day. :-)
TV is a Philips, computer is a Mac.
When viewing my Mac from the TV, some video files have file ending "tts", an ending that only shows in the TV. These files simply refuse to play and kind of "locks" the rendering.
Are there any way to make even these "tts" files show without being forced to run them through e.g. HandBrake?

Cheers!
Danne
Last edited by Danne_V on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nadahar

Re: .tts files not showing

Post by Nadahar »

.tts is a "strange" extension, you could try to rename it to just .ts (which would be the "normal" extension to use for MPEG-TS). But, it seems that .tts is often used on encrypted files, that is files that are encrypted by the device that records them to make sure they can't be played back anywhere else. If that's the case, UMS obviously can't do anything about that, and you'd have to find a way to unencrypt them first.

A MediaInfo report from one of the files in question should shed more light on what the files actually are.
Danne_V

Post by Danne_V »

Hi!

Thanks a million for swift response!
I managed to make it work by testing some settings, I think it was when I changed Common Transcode Settings/Transcoding quality (MPEG-2) from "Automatic (wireless)" to "Automatic (wired)" which is what I use.

Have a great day!
Danne