[Solved] TSMuxer fails to start

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DetectiveKenobi

Re: TSMuxer fails to start

Post by DetectiveKenobi »

That's great news. Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon. I have a TCL tv and it seems it ONLY likes playing content thru TSMuxer thru it's media player app when using UMS for some reason. I had to download a different app. So glad I can go back to UMS when all of this is sorted out.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

If you want to be able to use tsMuxeR sooner, I think you can just install those dependencies yourself, like:

Code: Select all

brew install freetype
brew install zlib
then it should work
DetectiveKenobi

I installed the new version but I'm still getting that tsmuxer fails to start. Is there something I should do? I already removed it and deleted the app just in case and then reinstalled it but it still does that.
Edit: I'm getting this error.
"Transcoding engine tsMuxeR Video is not available because it failed with exit code 126."

Edit: I upgraded my OS as I'm on Big Sur 11.5.2
ums_dbg_2021-09-06-10-57.zip
(27.2 KiB) Downloaded 1167 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It looks like a permission problem this time, I think I know what went wrong, I'll make you a test build
DetectiveKenobi

Installed over the current install and still gives that error 126 and fails to start. Gonna try to remove the app and reinstall and see if that helps.
DetectiveKenobi

Here's the logs from the newer version you posted.
ums_dbg_2021-09-13-00-35.zip
(27.26 KiB) Downloaded 1184 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Are you able to try the latest tsMuxeR build directly? https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases
DetectiveKenobi

Would I just copy that or run it? I have no knowledge of using TSmuxer directly thru mac. Only thru this program.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

If you go into your Applications directory and right-click on UMS, and click "Show package contents", you should be able to find tsMuxeR and tsMuxeR-new in a Resources directory and replace it with any version. It's likely the "tsMuxeR-new" one you need to replace, so just rename the file you downloaded too