UMS 10.8 stops responding

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jpvansadek

UMS 10.8 stops responding

Post by jpvansadek »

Hi,

Running UMS 10.8 on Mac Mini M1 (2020) running Big Sur OS X 11.5
UMS becomes unresponsive on my computer, and cannot be located by other devices. Keeps running fine on devices that were already detected.

Trace logs attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-08-02-20-20.zip
(273.36 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
mik_s

Re: UMS 10.8 stops responding

Post by mik_s »

I think the problem is that the default renderer is forced to be PS4, so all your devices will show as that.

In the General Settings tab, set the "Default renderer when automatic detection fails" drop-down box to "Unknown renderer" and make sure the "Force default renderer" box is unchecked.
Hopefully that will make UMS detect all your devices correctly.

Strangely your log was in INFO mode, it should be in TRACE when creating the logs. UMS includes in the zip file the previous log which it saves when it is restarted, and this was in TRACE mode :?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
jpvansadek

Post by jpvansadek »

I will try that, but the main issue is that it becomes unresponsive on the machine on which it's running. This only started with 10.8. I updated to 10.8.2, let's see if this was addressed.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi, I noticed that too recently but I thought it was related to some code I was working on at the time.
Like mik_s said, we will need your logs in TRACE mode to see anything useful, so please try to reproduce it with the logging set to that.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

@Subjunk yeah I think there might be a bug with that, just seen it with another user with only setting to INFO logs
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It looks like that user in the other thread successfully posted a TRACE log now