Duplicate iTunes Folders Displayed on Xbox One

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Goose7

Duplicate iTunes Folders Displayed on Xbox One

Post by Goose7 »

As I have mentioned in another thread, after sorting out that ffMPEG version issue, another two oddities I am experiencing is the duplication of the three iTunes folders when UMS is sending the file lists to my Xbox One, and along with that behavior occasionally the folder is not what the name on the folder suggests.

Specifically... Instead of the normal number of folders , I will often see double and sometimes triple that number displayed. All of them can be opened and they all contain functioning music files and playlists etc.

Also, at the same time the various iTunes folders will often not be the folder the name suggests that it is. Sometimes when I click on lets say the "iTunes Library" folder, it behaves as if I am opening into the "Recently Played" folder instead and contains the recently played tracks which can be clicked on and played with the Media Player. Backing out of the file list and logging back into UMS from the DLNA Server listing on the Xbox One dashboard seems to fix the problem most of the time.

Are you guys aware of this folder listing behavior with the Xbox One presently?
Optimus_prime

Re: Duplicate iTunes Folders Displayed on Xbox One

Post by Optimus_prime »

Goose7, Whilst I don't have an XBox one, i Can borrow one and see if i have issues like your seeing. I'll wait a couple of days to see if anyone else replys to this, if not i'll do some testing
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I've seen it reported elsewhere too, I'll try to look into it
Goose7

Post by Goose7 »

SubJunk wrote:I've seen it reported elsewhere too, I'll try to look into it
Excellent! Glad you have been able to confirm that the issue extends beyond my system here. Hopefully you can track down the source of the problem wthout too much trouble.

I will stay tuned to this thread for updates.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Cheers. :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Feel free to follow the issue on GitHub :)