tsMuxeR not playing MKV with multiple audio tracks [AC3+AAC]

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Kefran

tsMuxeR not playing MKV with multiple audio tracks [AC3+AAC]

Post by Kefran »

UMS 5.0.0-a1-Java7
OSX 10.9.5
MBP Core2duo 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM
PS3 streaming over Ethernet 100Mbs

MKV file containing both AAC 2.0 and AC3 5.1 audio tracks, [tsMuxeR] option in transcode folder only shows AC3 option (which is fine, thats the track I want) however when I attempt to play (renderer is PS3), the buffer bar starts to grow and reaches ~30MB before it starts to reduce back to zero; at this time the screen is black and the timer never begins. I have tried setting the option 'mux all audio tracks' true and false, with no change. I have encoded audio passthrough ticked and use LPCM, and subs disabled.

I can select [FFmpeg] AC3 (it also shows the AAC 2.0 option) and the video will play, however the buffer grows very slowly and sometimes will reduce to zero which causes stutter --I have to pause playback and wait for the buffer to increase. FFmpeg doesn't seem to be as fast as it used to be in the mid 3.x.x releases, though I can't pinpoint when I noticed the change. I prefer using tsMuxer as I never use subs and it's so much faster.

See attached logs.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
See attached Trace log.
(33.04 KiB) Downloaded 435 times