OSX 10.10 Streaming to XBOX360 'Premature File End', Stops playing

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
gcbspender

OSX 10.10 Streaming to XBOX360 'Premature File End', Stops playing

Post by gcbspender »

Hi all,
Recent convert here. Haven't done much streaming since I realized my go to application, Rivet, was rendered useless by Yosemite but I eventually needed a replacement and found UMS. I did try Ps3MS back in the day and I am happy someone took the source and ran with it making it so much better. Although I am having difficulties. Whenever I stream to my xbox 360 the program I am streaming gets cut off, for example a simpsons episode runs about 15 minutes then an error message pops up talking about 'connection to computer was lost'. As seen in the image below. Did some research and unchecked the boxes for tsMuxer in the transcode settings, still same issue.
IMG_3450.jpg
IMG_3450.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 8718 times
Logs also mention some about 'Premature end of file.' Not sure if the error in the log relates to the issue as its first occurrence is almost right after I start UMS before any streaming happens. I also see other logs in the full debug that show this - 'Connection error: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer', Not sure if that is the issue either. I am running the latest version of UMS with Java 8 u45. Although yesterday I was running the version with Java6 thinking 8 would fix it but no dice.

After the error occurs on the xbox 360 I will try to restart the video or play another video and the same error just keeps popping up, connection lost to computer. Odd thing is that I went to my Directv box and played a video before and after getting the error and videos played but its not he greatest. Files take forever to load up and I always had to select them twice and wait before they actually played and I wasn't allowed to fast forward or rewind.

Debug is attached, it shows me trying to play videos from the directv box, then playing on the xbox 360, stopping the video and getting the error upon trying to start he video again. Any help would be great! Thank for all the help in advance and for what you guys have done here.
ums_dbg.zip
(18.65 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
gcbspender

Re: OSX 10.10 Streaming to XBOX360 'Premature File End', Stops playing

Post by gcbspender »

Still no luck on my end. The lack of replies has me concerned, either this is a complicated issue or it's so simple and I am just missing something that no one is bothering to reply.

Any input?
JesseN13

Post by JesseN13 »

Same issues with premature end of file on my PS4. It's def. UMS because when playback stops, my other servers are still up and running on my PS4, just not the UMS one.

No replies to my thread either.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Sorry for the no reply. I'll see if someone can look at your logs and see if there's and issue.

Edit: Log a Issue at github with a link to this forum post and a description of the issue and a developer will hopefully assist you
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum