[Fixed] UMS 2.3.0 Unable to detect renderers

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
BlyackScorpio

[Fixed] UMS 2.3.0 Unable to detect renderers

Post by BlyackScorpio »

I'm on 10.7.5 and I'm unable to get UMS to find my PS3 system or the windows media player on another computer on the network.

I previously used PS3MS but I didn't have them running at the same time or anything. I read a little on the site and saw something mentioned about Java but I'm not sure if that also applies to OS X. I ran system updates but it says that everything is up-to-date. I didn't try a separate installation of Java though. Just uninstalled PS3MS and UMS, restarted my machine and tried to do a 'clean' installation but I don't think that happened because when I reinstalled UMS all of my settings were still there. I used AppZapper to delete UMS and usually it deletes the app and all its related files but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Just need some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong and why I'm unable to get my UMS to detect my PS3. Don't see any other posts about this so maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I attached my log-file/debug file like you asked me to.
Attachments
blyackscorpio_ums_dbg.zip
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
BlyackScorpio

Re: UMS 2.3.0 Unable to detect renderers

Post by BlyackScorpio »

Solved this one myself. Thanks anyway