[Solved] UMS 5.5.0: no logging, no renderers

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JohnEDee

[Solved] UMS 5.5.0: no logging, no renderers

Post by JohnEDee »

UMS v5.5.0 produces no logging (either in the app or in the ~/Library/Application Support/UMS/ dir), and the "Select Renderers" list is empty. It still seems to work for streaming to my Samsung TV; not sure if it's using a default/unknown renderer or if it's still doing proper detection but just not showing it in the interface. Reverting back to v5.4.0 with nothing else changing shows the log (in both the app and in the UMS dir) and the renderers list is present.

I can't send any logs because even Create TRACE produces nothing. Note that the identical config, same UMS dir, works fine with v5.4.0 and does logging, so this is not a config issue. To test, however, I deleted the UMS dir and let the app recreate a new one, but same issues.

OS X 10.11.2
Java 8 Update 66

Thanks!
dragondaw

Re: UMS 5.5.0: no logging, no renderers

Post by dragondaw »

Same
mindsnare

Post by mindsnare »

Same here, Java 8 version on Lion Server 10.7.5.

No log, no renderers, no files can be played by my Samsung D6500.

UMS v5.4.0 Java 8 works fine.
mitchde

Post by mitchde »

Same here, OS X 10.11.2, Java 8.
With 5.40 (and older) all is OK.
- using 5.50 connected Blurayplayer (Phillips) is shown as unknown DLNA player using 5.4.0 (and before) Renderer used is TV Tivio (working!)
- using 5.50 i can see the folder list of the shared Media Folders on the player, but the content (the media files) are wrong = folder <-> content is not real, looks like the media files are randomly shown in not correct folders
rajeevp

Post by rajeevp »

I have the same problem as well on 10.11.2 Java 8. Renderer was not identified when I had my PS3 on. I switched back to 5.4 and had no problem after that.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There seems to have been a build error on the OS X version of 5.5.0. You should stay with 5.4.0 until the next release which is soon. We apologize for the trouble.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

There will be an update to UMS shortly for OS X that should fix this issue. I've redone the app launcher that hopefully fixes this issue (back to the original with some tweaks), plus some other fixes
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum