Custom Naming "shared folders" Browser TABS title on hover

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
MTOakey

Custom Naming "shared folders" Browser TABS title on hover

Post by MTOakey »

Almost forgot, there was one other thing I have not been able to figure out ...
Web page tab "title" on hover ... VERY easy in plain HTML, but this little bugger is evasive.
I can "Inspect" with Developer tools in Chrome, make the change I want - looks Great - but does not "keep" or stay the way I want, obviously, since THAT doesn't actually write to the file, and since the pages are dynamically created also, as they don't even exist.
There is nowhere I see in any of the 3 web...css files, but it seems the place to make this change I desire is in the "browse.html.orig" file, right there, in Line 37. The TAG <title>...</ttitle>. Currently there resides a variable {{name}} there.
I replaced that variable with what I want as the name/title of my tabs... and nothing changed, it didn't work.
I only wish for the folders I am sharing, only 2 right now and probably ever, one named "Videos", the other "Music", and I just want them to have the same title/name I already input in the "Main Panel" > General Settings tab > :Server name: field.
My "Video" shared folder is page "browse/52" and the "Music" folder is page "browse/53"... the links that reside on page "browse/0" that lead to those respective folders read: "Video" and "Music" which is fine, that does not have to change.
I know I might only be "nit-picking", but, ANY page that gets created should be able to be named statically instead of dynamically by variables... and I love automation as much as the next guy... but THIS has been driving me nuts for days now.

Any help or direction is and will be GREATLY appreciated.

“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”
MTOakey

Re: Custom Naming "shared folders" Browser TABS title on hover

Post by MTOakey »

A week goes by and NO reply by anyone ...... :(
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Suggestions about improvements to the web interface are more likely to be seen by the devs on GitHub.

At the moment they are focusing on making settings work in the browser but all suggestions for are welcome. If you have some coding experience you could contribute some changes.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

I'm logged in to GitHub, is my post supposed to be related to a "Pull Request" or something else ???
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Create an issue if it is relating to bugs or problems. Pull requests is for when you are contributing code and want it to be merged with the rest.
There is also a discussion section you could use too give suggestions.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Thanks!