Version 3.0.0-a2 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Version 3.0.0-a2 is released

Post by SubJunk »

Sunwind wrote:what's the file called? if it's debug.log then like I said nothing in that file changes, I don't think it gets a chance to write anything to it due to the crash.

It doesn't seem to be UMS that is crashing but Java itself. reinstalled alpha1 and runs fine again.
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 25).
I forgot what the file is called but it might have dump in the name, or error or something. It's a file that Java (sometimes) generates by itself when it crashes
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

SubJunk wrote:
Sunwind wrote:what's the file called? if it's debug.log then like I said nothing in that file changes, I don't think it gets a chance to write anything to it due to the crash.

It doesn't seem to be UMS that is crashing but Java itself. reinstalled alpha1 and runs fine again.
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 25).
I forgot what the file is called but it might have dump in the name, or error or something. It's a file that Java (sometimes) generates by itself when it crashes

Are you refering to the java core file, which should have following naming convention on Windows and Linux (javacore.YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS.PID.txt)?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah that's probably it. It should have a big lot of info inside which includes the cause of the crash
furney2

Post by furney2 »

3 Alpha 1 is great but a2 causes java to crash cannot use it
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

SpeedyQ wrote:Are you refering to the java core file, which should have following naming convention on Windows and Linux (javacore.YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS.PID.txt)?
Installing the jar with dependencies helped to workaround this issue (as suggested in another thread). Anyways, I couldn't locate any javacore dump file in my system for the distributed ums.jar crash, nor in ~JAVA_HOME/bin as google search suggested. If anyone knows the actual location of the file I'll happy to contribute it to help solve this issue.
Wolf.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
BlackBass

Post by BlackBass »

Hi!
For those who tried Alpha 2 of UMS and it crashed, and if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, it appears I had the same crash problem with Java latest Update 25. But, since it seems the Java updated with only the x86 version, it fix the problem if you search for and install "Java Update 25 64 bit" on Google. No crash anymore. ;-)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I've confirmed that the issue is with the 32-bit version of Java. So for those of you with 64-bit systems you can fix it by installing the 64-bit version of Java Runtime. I'm looking into fixes now.
afzoo3ums

Post by afzoo3ums »

Can you please compile Java 6 OSX release for older Macs too? If it's not too much trouble.
I think you already promised to do that.

http://code.google.com/p/universal-medi ... l?id=63#c4
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

afzoo3ums wrote:Can you please compile Java 6 OSX release for older Macs too? If it's not too much trouble.
I think you already promised to do that.

http://code.google.com/p/universal-medi ... l?id=63#c4
Yeah will do, I'm working on it :)
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

Mac version soon please !!!