Announcements about Universal Media Server
squadjot

Re: Version 1.3.0 is released

Post by squadjot »

wasnt working for me
mookieguy

Post by mookieguy »

auto update was working for me but i know 2 people that had an issue once or twice with it.
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Auto update was working for me fine.

I'm seeing wacky issues with 1.3.0 though.

tmuxer crashed, with a crash window open on my desktop.

I had added a bunch of folders after reorganising my content today. The ps3 however didn't see the changes. (Does that need a server restart within UMS?)

I restarted UMS, and then restarted the ps3.. and it could not see UMS at all.

I shut down ums, and restarted it, and then it was now is showing the folder list, and then a duplicate set of the folder list.

If I have three folders selected:

TV
Movies
Specials

Tv
Movies
Specials
TV
Movies Specials

If I start the ps3 while ums is running, it does not see UMS now, even with a server search.

If I restart the server from within UMS after starting the PS3, it then shows up fine, and the folders are displayed properly.
phrozenstare

Post by phrozenstare »

i never had an issue with auto update other than it kept installing avisynth MT everytime i installed a new version but you did fix that from the last update i got. i had an issue a few weeks ago with one version but that was not the fault of auto updating. i would like to see it back because it was one of the key features i liked with UMS
Skylion

Post by Skylion »

Auto Update worked fine for me as long as I ran UMS as admin whenever I needed to update it. You could just add an update notification instead, and have it go to the download page via the default web browser. The autoupdate worked fine for me.
phrozenstare

Post by phrozenstare »

Skylion wrote:Auto Update worked fine for me as long as I ran UMS as admin whenever I needed to update it. You could just add an update notification instead, and have it go to the download page via the default web browser. The autoupdate worked fine for me.
i think that would be the best idea and it will keep the people having update issues happy too
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

It being there, not working. didnt bother me at all
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

I can confirm that after sitting idle for some hours, and our ps3 being turned on and off several times, that it no longer sees the media server unless I use the restart server option.

I'm not seeing the folder issues any longer, however I also haven;t done a lot of editing to them since the issues I saw before.
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Also, Real.Steel.2011.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ViSiON.mp4 errors out as unplayable, (but I think that same issue was in the last version as well) it does play fine on my pc however.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Gareee wrote:I can confirm that after sitting idle for some hours, and our ps3 being turned on and off several times, that it no longer sees the media server unless I use the restart server option.
After a lot of testing it looks like this is a PS3 firmware update issue; I have tested all previous versions of the program (way back to PMS from 3 years ago) and the bug still happened. I'll put it in the FAQ