Version 3.0.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Version 3.0.0 is released

Post by SubJunk »

b0ris wrote:
SubJunk wrote:Thanks, b0ris. If you can reproduce it and upload your debug info it's probably an easy fix
I'm not sure exactly what I should upload. Another problem is what I can't stream Spotify with DSBridge on 3.0.0 (not an issue on 2.6.5 for me).
Instructions
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:Thanks for the explanation, SubJunk, and keep up the great work!! Big thanks to the whole development team.
I just looked at the MPlayer changelog and there are some good changes in there so I'll look at releasing SB53 soon :)
MrLore

Post by MrLore »

This version seems to have fixed the MKV audio desynchronisation issue which has been there since PMS, amazing work!
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

SubJunk wrote:
Madoka wrote:Thanks for the explanation, SubJunk, and keep up the great work!! Big thanks to the whole development team.
I just looked at the MPlayer changelog and there are some good changes in there so I'll look at releasing SB53 soon :)
FOA, thx for the release!
Regarding updates, it seems tsMuxer also got updated quite often these past days (as one release a day, now sitting at 2.1.4b)
Thx, Wolf.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

pipin wrote:
I see improvement with my subtitle problem with a LG TV. The files now show an info, that there is an external subtitle and they will play (former version always showed just an error). Ok subtitle still won't show, but i'm optimistic now, that a future version will solve this problem.
Sorry we couldn't help you without users support. I have only Panasonic TV so I cannot check what other renderers need. If your renderer is capable to show directly streamed external subs e.g from Seviiio we need the snoop of the traffic and then we'll take a look on it and maybe we can solve it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I recommend it
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

SubJunk wrote:I just looked at the MPlayer changelog and there are some good changes in there so I'll look at releasing SB53 soon :)
Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks, SJ!
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

hannubys, you shouldn't have to reinstall UMS. You should see that your using x64bit in the Log section of UMS
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:
SubJunk wrote:I just looked at the MPlayer changelog and there are some good changes in there so I'll look at releasing SB53 soon :)
Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks, SJ!
SB53 is out here, feel free to test before the next UMS release :)
Before I released it I tested it in all the scenarios we use in UMS (DVD support, WMV/WMA, H.264/AC-3, MPEG-2/AC-3) and it passed all those tests for me but it would be cool to have confirmation too.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

One thing I noticed is that 5B53 plays a video file (well, the whole series actually) with subtitles that SB51 and prior could, but SB52 would generate a "This content cannot be played." error. So far, I haven't noticed any new issues with SB53. Will keep testing.

One subtitle issue I noticed with FFmpeg encoding: Generally it's working really well. But there is one instance that the font size for one style of subtitles in an .ass file is much larger then it's PC (using MPC-HC) and mencoder display size. Not a big deal really, just thought I'd mention it.

It's with the Limit series (you just need one file) with these subtitles, if you want to check. It's during the opening credits where you see the subtitle credits.