Version 7.6.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
erick diangilis

Re: Version 7.6.0 released

Post by erick diangilis »

i have finished testing on the ps4 pro media player this version Works pretty good the áudio and the vídeo quality is very good. transconding Works fine and i also like the new updated interface off course it's not perfect there are few bugs but overall it's the best so far. i also had no problems to search the content for the first time on my folders and opening files is very fast too i appreciate that as well. :D
i can't wait to see the new 8.00 version but until then this one is pretty good.

keep up with the good work and have a nice week. :)
pipin

Post by pipin »

Just one question, though. Are Plugins now gone forever?
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

pipin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 pm Just one question, though. Are Plugins now gone forever?
It's a tricky one, because we had gone for a long time with no plugins being created or even maintained, so we had some options:

1) Leave a state where users can install plugins but they are all broken
2) Remove the broken plugins, leaving an empty plugins tab
3) Remove the plugins tab

It seemed like option 3 is the least confusing one. If there is any interest from anyone in developing a plugin we can restore that code.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

I see new formats supported, any chance for .MPO support eventually? I have many 3D pictures I'd like to watch on my Panasonic TV instead of using a USB key.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I thought we did support MPO already, so please make a post in our support forum so we can find out why that's not working for you
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 am I thought we did support MPO already, so please make a post in our support forum so we can find out why that's not working for you
wow you are right! The last time I tried was with v7.0 I think and it didn't work, only showing the 2D version of my pictures

Now what I see is still showing JPEG but display as 3D. Is it possible to have MPO show up under the thumb instead of JPEG?

The 3D video file AVI from my FinePix REAL 3D W1 and W3 are not playing in 3D. No idea if this is something that can work but I'm quite happy I can now easily browse all the 3D pictures we have.

Congrats, this make UMS the 1st Media Server handling .MPO!

I will now get it ported to my QNAP NAS and see if all this still works.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Rhialto wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:22 pm
SubJunk wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 am I thought we did support MPO already, so please make a post in our support forum so we can find out why that's not working for you
wow you are right! The last time I tried was with v7.0 I think and it didn't work, only showing the 2D version of my pictures

Now what I see is still showing JPEG but display as 3D. Is it possible to have MPO show up under the thumb instead of JPEG?

The 3D video file AVI from my FinePix REAL 3D W1 and W3 are not playing in 3D. No idea if this is something that can work but I'm quite happy I can now easily browse all the 3D pictures we have.

Congrats, this make UMS the 1st Media Server handling .MPO!

I will now get it ported to my QNAP NAS and see if all this still works.
That's great news we are the first!

We also have different transcoding options for 3D content so hopefully one can work for your content, you may find it useful to experiment with our Output3DFormat option https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... .conf#L806

MPO is actually a form of JPG so it is accurate to call it JPG, but I'm not sure if we can improve things by identifying it like that. It would be good if you could make a post on our support forum so we can work through these tweaks outside of the announcement thread :)
pipin

Post by pipin »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:17 am

It seemed like option 3 is the least confusing one. If there is any interest from anyone in developing a plugin we can restore that code.
Ok thanks for the clarification. I'm just missing the shutdown functionality, it doesnt work anymore with windows 10 and ums-xml or ps3server.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Which plugin was that? If there was a useful plugin still then we should restore that tab. None of us knew of any
pipin

Post by pipin »

SubJunk wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:44 pm Which plugin was that? If there was a useful plugin still then we should restore that tab. None of us knew of any
shutdown - to shutdown your pc - it worked really good at least with Windows 7, file is from the ums-xml fork:
http://www.gessner.be/download/ums/ums- ... plugin.jar
Regards,
Jens
-----------