Version 7.6.2 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Sami32

Re: Version 7.6.2 released

Post by Sami32 »

Hello tedel2000,

a good start to get answers should be to open a proper issue following these steps:
http://www.universalmediaserver.com/for ... ?f=9&t=556

You can open one in the macOS section and one other in the general support section.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Can a member of the team fix the Sony-BraviaEX.conf file which has been totally screwed up since version 6.72. And while we are at it go through ALL other old .conf to check in the last dozen or so versions if any mess ups have happened in others.

I gave up regularly updating ages ago as every new release seems to fix one issue and introduce a fist full of new ones.

RE: this post in case devs are interested.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12970&p=38031#p38031
AND
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13051&p=38029#p38029

Might also want to fix the "Supported audio formats" section of the config and the MIME types and correct them to something something "Sony TVs" actually understands, rather than the generic ones which are there and ones that have vanished entirely.

Im shocked quickly looking through posts on the forum that i have NOT yet come across audio file playback issues on Sony TVs also (I guess most people play video).

Frankly im dreading 8.0 releases :roll:

EDIT
LOL i spoke too soon yep as suspected audio files due to what i mention above is also screwed...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12892&p=37545

Thank the lord im not a beta test guinea pig and stay on version that worked :mrgreen:
thebrand

Post by thebrand »

There may have been some fixes around Samsung browsing but my Samsung ES8000 is browsing endlessly and cannot display any folder content. Can you help fix it ? thanks
drakulis

Post by drakulis »

thebrand wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 am There may have been some fixes around Samsung browsing but my Samsung ES8000 is browsing endlessly and cannot display any folder content. Can you help fix it ? thanks
When it started to happenning for you? I mean UMS version. Please share your logs.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

hi sub junk i've tested out this new version it Works fine on the ps4 pro media player i don't have any complains about thanks for the updates as Always.

keep up with the good Work and have a good week god bless. :D
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Paradox wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:47 am Can a member of the team fix the Sony-BraviaEX.conf file which has been totally screwed up since version 6.72. And while we are at it go through ALL other old .conf to check in the last dozen or so versions if any mess ups have happened in others.

I gave up regularly updating ages ago as every new release seems to fix one issue and introduce a fist full of new ones.

RE: this post in case devs are interested.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12970&p=38031#p38031
AND
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13051&p=38029#p38029

Might also want to fix the "Supported audio formats" section of the config and the MIME types and correct them to something something "Sony TVs" actually understands, rather than the generic ones which are there and ones that have vanished entirely.

Im shocked quickly looking through posts on the forum that i have NOT yet come across audio file playback issues on Sony TVs also (I guess most people play video).

Frankly im dreading 8.0 releases :roll:

EDIT
LOL i spoke too soon yep as suspected audio files due to what i mention above is also screwed...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12892&p=37545

Thank the lord im not a beta test guinea pig and stay on version that worked :mrgreen:
We are very interested in knowing about reversions like that, and we will have those old versions in our next release. You can keep track of that at https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... /pull/1693 if you are interested
Darth Ed

Post by Darth Ed »

Not a fan of using an installer "wizard" for macOS. I would prefer that you go back to using *.dmg files for macOS distribution. I would much rather copy the application to where I want manually and without giving your installer "wizard" administrative access to my computer. Fortunately, I have a program call Pacifist which allows me to extract files from *.pkg files, but that's commercial software and not everyone has it. Most Mac users I know generally prefer *.dmg files for distributing applications. *.pkg files should only be used for complex installations.
thebrand

Post by thebrand »

drakulis wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 am
thebrand wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 am There may have been some fixes around Samsung browsing but my Samsung ES8000 is browsing endlessly and cannot display any folder content. Can you help fix it ? thanks
When it started to happenning for you? I mean UMS version. Please share your logs.
Hi drakulis, the 7.5 version was fine. The endless browsing started when I upgraded to 7.6.
You can have a look at the logs here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BL9Nf ... L_h0x2BQ0U

I rolled back to 7.5 version but I get the same endless browsing scenario. See logs :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iye5T ... YFhS9cq3K0

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by thebrand on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Darth Ed wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:17 am Not a fan of using an installer "wizard" for macOS. I would prefer that you go back to using *.dmg files for macOS distribution. I would much rather copy the application to where I want manually and without giving your installer "wizard" administrative access to my computer. Fortunately, I have a program call Pacifist which allows me to extract files from *.pkg files, but that's commercial software and not everyone has it. Most Mac users I know generally prefer *.dmg files for distributing applications. *.pkg files should only be used for complex installations.
We still release the .dmg files, this is just an extra option that we made default. To get the .dmg file you can click the arrow button to the right of the OS logos on the front page, and click the "disk image" option
pipin

Post by pipin »

thebrand wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:23 am
drakulis wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 am
Hi drakulis, the 7.5 version was fine. The endless browsing started when I upgraded to 7.6.
You can have a look at the logs here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BL9Nf ... L_h0x2BQ0U

I rolled back to 7.5 version but I get the same endless browsing scenario. See logs :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iye5T ... YFhS9cq3K0

Thanks for your help.

Strange. Suddenly with 7.6.2 my Samsung UE32 F4580SS does not connect too: UMS is shown as external device, but on connection it won't show the shared folders.
Samsung UE48H6600 is working fine.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600