Versions 7.7.0 and 8.0.0-a1 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Butman

Re: Versions 7.7.0 and 8.0.0-a1 released

Post by Butman »

Version 8 works well but since version 7.6 I have to start with ums.bat. I cannot start directly with program. My PS3 does not see UMS.

Also, not sure how to remove {English subtitles} from file names.

When I updated to 7.7.0 subtitles went away but fixed when I went to 8.0.0-a1

Thanks for all your hard work
vreebler

Post by vreebler »

This v7.7 does everything I wanted, the List View and the Font Sizing, on the Web Interface, it's beautiful, thanks Abel. But it doesn't translate onto my TV, where the large thumbnails with truncated filenames persists. It would be good to hear if the new list view is working for other users on their TV. It's likely a Default Renderer problem on my end. I'd learned from reading and experience that the DirectTV renderer worked best on my DISH Hopper3 DVR (which controls the TV feed), since there's no Hopper3 renderer available in the program. I'm attaching my new UMS.conf (over in my thread below) in case that might offer a clue.

--file and folder names in list, not grid - Page 2 - Universal Media Server | Forum
--https://www.universalmediaserver.com/fo ... 3&start=10
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

i've tested out both versions on the ps4 pro media player app the 8.0 alpha still need to be perfected there are some compatibility issues with vídeos most of them need to be transcoded to work. the 7.70 is working fine just like 7.6.2 and the 7.6.3 snapshot that i got it from one the forums i had no trouble with sound or vídeos as well. both versions i had no problems syncing content inside the folders and the playback is nice on both of them, but 7.7.0 plays better offering a more stable with a good compatibililty with the ps4 app. i really liked 8 i think with some updates later will be a cool version but for now i'll stick with the 7.7.0.

keep up with the good work and god bless. ;)
lriuqs

Post by lriuqs »

On version 7.7 on web interface when I try to play video I've got error "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.".
boss

Post by boss »

I get that error with Opera. Firefox plays them and IE11 plays them in flash format. Mostly the videos don't play in IE11 with HTML5.