• Languages:
    • Updated translations via Crowdin:
      • French translation updated
      • German translation completed
      • Portuguese translation completed
      • Portuguese (Brazilian) translation completed

Compatibility notes:

These releases work on Java 7, 8, and 10+
We recommend using Java 8, and if you do not want to have Java installed, you can use the standalone installers on Windows.
The Windows releases work on Windows Vista onwards.
erick diangilis

Re: Versions 7.7.1 and 8.0.0-a2 released

Post by erick diangilis »

hi subjunk thanks for the updates i'll check tem out on the ps4 pro media player to see how they will work out.

have a nice day keep up with the good work and god bless. :D
jps92

Post by jps92 »

Finally I see my TV in UMS! Good work. I have a philips 42PFL7606H / 12 and it works well with ums v7.7.1 but with the v8.0.0-a2 once connected I can not display most movies and a few seconds later UMS disappears !
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

"Improved support for Sony BRAVIA EX Series TVs"

FFMPEG command line in that profile still needs fixing unless another version of FFMPEG has now been used which now supports fractional widths and heights.
mykee

Post by mykee »

Hmmm... Windows Defender signed as Win32/Cloxer.D!cl trojan today. At yesterday not. I installed 7.7.1 version. Please check What's the problem with UMS.exe...
erick diangilis

i've tested out 8a2 on the ps4 pro media player Works much better than the previous one with more compatibility on the playback side of things all the vídeos that weren't working they're now. sounds is also working ok, memory usage is more balanced, i had no issues syncing my content inside folders, stutering issues present on the alpha one are also no longer present on alpha 2, the transcoding quality has been improved but still not fully ok need some work to be done. áudio and vídeo quality are very good and clean and plays very smooth. photo quality is also very good and music quality is nice too. this new one almost feels like a complete one like 7.7.1 for an alpha i really like it can't wait for the full release or at least the beta development stage. :D

keep up with the good work and keep improving version 8 its pretty good even on the actual stage have a nice week and god bless. ;)
Uni

Post by Uni »

mykee wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:48 pm Hmmm... Windows Defender signed as Win32/Cloxer.D!cl trojan today. At yesterday not. I installed 7.7.1 version. Please check What's the problem with UMS.exe...
look at: https://www.universalmediaserver.com/fo ... 355#p38355

"Re: Versions 7.7.0 and 8.0.0-a1 released
Post by SubJunk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:20 am

Uni wrote: ↑Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:16 pm
Windows Defender told me UMS 7.7 from fosshub = Trojan:Win32/Cloxer.D!cl :?:

subjuk: We had a false positive from Windows Defender early in the year too, it is clean"

-------
Windows defender seems agressive block Unknown exe files like new UMS Versions. normally it shows a warning when installing UMS but you can install it. current and last UMS Versions MS Defender make false trojan Alert...
Uni

Post by Uni »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:59 pm General:

Bugs have been squashed!
unfortunately problem not solved UMS 7.7.0 and 7.7.1 don't show language in transcode folder PS3, i did clean install.
UMS 7.6.2 work great for me.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Can a dev look through the code quickly and confirm of deny if the conf commands of...

Code: Select all

MuxNonMod4Resolution = true
and

Code: Select all

MuxNonMod4Resolution = false
Are still working correctly, particularly when used in association with FFMPEG. Testing my end shows something as being wrong when dealing with non multiple of 4 resolution files when using FFMPEG for playback. I suspect its newer versions of FFMPEG being used but would MAYBE also be worth checking an unintended alteration to how that command works has not taken place.

Many thanks in advance.
erick diangilis

i would i like to thank subjunk and all the other programers i wish a happy new year to you all and i hope the new year brings more versions of this cool software. :D