SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 8.1.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page or install it via Docker with:

Code: Select all

docker pull universalmediaserver/ums
This release improves performance, support for LG TVs and Samsung soundbars, and fixes bugs

Changes since 8.0.1
  • General:
    • Performance improvements
    • Fixed conversion of 3D subtitles
    • Fixed bug with the computer sleep management feature (thanks, scriptorron and Nadahar!)
    • Fixed bugs with Virtual Folders
    • Fixed error when browsing web folders
    • Updated build and install documentation (thanks, Ruben Barkow!)
  • Renderers:
    • Improved support for 4k and h265 videos on LG webOS TVs
    • Improved support for Samsung MS750 soundbars
  • Languages:
    • Updated translations via Crowdin:
      • Danish translation updated
      • Dutch translation updated
      • French translation updated
      • Japanese translation validated
      • Portuguese (Brazilian) translation updated
      • Russian translation updated
      • Turkish translation updated
  • Dependencies:
    • Updated h2database to 1.4.199, which improves speed and memory use

Notes:
  • These releases work on all versions of Java 7 onwards, but Java 8 is strongly recommended. Use a standalone version if you do not want to have Java installed.
  • The Windows releases work on Windows Vista onwards.
Toregev

Re: Version 8.1.0 released

Post by Toregev »

Two issues with this version:

1 The standalone player runs a Java install once the main UMS install is finished. Defeats the purpose of "Use a standalone version if you do not want to have Java installed"

2 UMS 8.1.0 still adds the "Engine Names" to the front of a file name like 8.0.1. This messes up file order in folders with mixed file types. It would be better if it was like all previous versions of UMS and added the engine name to the end of a file.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

hi subjunk thanks for the release. i've tested this new version with the media player on the ps4 pro and it's working fine this time my vídeos with m2ts containers are working again without transcoding needed the problem started when the media player updated to version 4.01, but looks like 8.1.0 catch up again and everything turned back to normal. i just had i little bug with two folders that contained a lots of files to sync for the first time but when it's done everything there Works ok besides that nothing to complain the playback is good the áudio is also fine.

thanks again for the release and to everybody that helped to make the software keep up with the good work and god bless. ;)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Toregev wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:12 am Two issues with this version:

1 The standalone player runs a Java install once the main UMS install is finished. Defeats the purpose of "Use a standalone version if you do not want to have Java installed"

2 UMS 8.1.0 still adds the "Engine Names" to the front of a file name like 8.0.1. This messes up file order in folders with mixed file types. It would be better if it was like all previous versions of UMS and added the engine name to the end of a file.
Thanks for reporting those two issues. The first one should be fixed now, since that was just caused by an incorrect upload of the 64-bit standalone installer. If you re-download it should work.
The second issue seems like something we can fix fairly quickly so I will look to do that in the next release

Thanks for the report erick!
mxytplk

Post by mxytplk »

Whitelist of folder(s) using IP addresses is not working for me on UMS v8.1.0. Is it known whether or not this feature tests successfully on v8.1.0?

I attempted to update to UMS v8.1.0 from v6.7.4, on a system that specified a whitelist for an ip-address to specify a folder (i.e, one that was not in the global shared folder list). More particularly: "192.168.x.xx.folders = {specified folder path, with doubled backslashes}"

The same whitelist statement was working fine on UMS v6.7.4. It failed on v8.1.0. I uninstalled v8.1.0 and tried a somewhat earlier version, v7.6.2. It also failed on v7.6.2. Each install was a clean install.

(I also made various other tests to see if I could isolate the problem. For brevity, I won't detail those tests in this post. However, I could not find any indication in the logs of UMS v8.1.0 and v7.6.2 that the folder identified by the whitelist actually was being processed. In particular, log lines that usually state "INFO Checking shared folder: {folder-path}" did not appear for the whitelisted folder on those UMS versions. It was as though the entire whitelist statement itself was being ignored on those UMS versions.)

Lack of this function was a showstopper for my setup, so I was forced to revert back to v6.7.4, on which the whitelist statement again worked fine, as before.

Can someone test whitelisting of a folder by ip-address on v8.1.0?

Everything else that I tested that worked on v6.7.4 also worked on v8.1.0. The problem that I encountered with whitelisting using ip-addresses appears to be the only thing that prevents me from updating to v8.1.0.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I'm not on 8.1.0; I'm still on 8.0.1 but if you're talking about the "Use an IP filter (whitelist) field, then it works for me in 8.0.1 and has worked even in the 7 series.
mxytplk

Post by mxytplk »

Madoka wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:56 pm I'm not on 8.1.0; I'm still on 8.0.1 but if you're talking about the "Use an IP filter (whitelist) field, then it works for me in 8.0.1 and has worked even in the 7 series.
Hi, Madoka

No, I'm not talking about the "Use an IP filter (whitelist)" field. I'm talking about the Whitelist feature that, among other things, permits one to specify folders that are only recognized for a specified ip address. These statements have the form:
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn.folders = {folder-list}
where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the ip-address to which the specified folder-list will be made available

See the example for the folder "c:\\child_safe" at:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... nd-Privacy
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Ah, my bad. Just ignore me.
Toregev

Post by Toregev »

SubJunk wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Toregev wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:12 am Two issues with this version:

Thanks for reporting those two issues. The first one should be fixed now, since that was just caused by an incorrect upload of the 64-bit standalone installer. If you re-download it should work.
The second issue seems like something we can fix fairly quickly so I will look to do that in the next release

Thanks for the report erick!
Thank you for the news!
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I get this message when a folder is not found. Seems to be an error in referencing a tab.

Code: Select all

"E:\" does not exist. Please remove it from your shared folders list on the "!LooksFrame.22!" tab or in the configuration file.