Version 8.2.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Gaston62

Re: Version 8.2.0 released

Post by Gaston62 »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm johnsim3 can you please try this version and let me know if it fixes that? https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... hnsim3.tgz
It fixed my problem (above mentioned).
meatball

Post by meatball »

The standalone Windows x86 version is bundled with the x64 version of Java. When I try to run it with the x86 Java Runtime, it simply does not start.

It also only includes ffmpeg64.exe.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

hi subjunk thanks for the new version and also thanks for those who helped too. i've tested out on the ps4 pro media player it Works fine most of the time but i'm still having some slowdowns but i believe is due to my laptop hardware showing its limitations and its age. this also happened on the 8.1.0 but it got a little better on the 8.2.0 i'm discarding my network speed cause its a gigabit wired that could cause the issue. but besides that everything else is ok sound quality and transcoding.

thanks again and keep up with the good work. :D
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

meatball wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 am The standalone Windows x86 version is bundled with the x64 version of Java. When I try to run it with the x86 Java Runtime, it simply does not start.

Thanks for reporting this. I am currently working on a fix
meatball

Post by meatball »

SubJunk wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:20 pm
meatball wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 am The standalone Windows x86 version is bundled with the x64 version of Java. When I try to run it with the x86 Java Runtime, it simply does not start.

Thanks for reporting this. I am currently working on a fix
Cool, thanks! :-)
gorblimey

Post by gorblimey »

G'day. This problem actually started with UMS 6.8, a couple of days after upgrading Java to the current (211 I think). This seems to have added something called Java Hotspot.

Still in UMS 6.8, I decided to try our HiSense 50P6 as a potential renderer. This turned out to be futile as I could find no information about the internals of the TV (it is actually a Smart TV, it says...)

I then did a clean (uninstall, scrape and scrub) upgrade to UMS 8.2 Standalone and tried again... The examples given in FAQ Renderer Support 1 don't match anything in the logs from UMS 8.2, so I gave up.

Anyhoo, now I have the problem that no matter what I do, UMS cannot differentiate between the two devices. Logs & screenshots are in Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0cdm9m4d93rb ... XmMEa?dl=0 as I cannot see an upload bar. But basically UMS always finds the HiSense first and gives it whichever icon is specified in "Default renderer when automatic detection fails". I have found it necessary to also "Force default renderer".

The HiSense is on wireless, and the PS3 is CAT5ed to the router. Currently, I have forced the IP filter to 192.168.1.7, and made sure the HiSense is on ...8 in a vain attempt to have UMS see the PS3 first. This was necessary because the PS3 would be given whatever config belonged to whtever was determined to be the device on 192.168.1.8.

To be honest, I'm not sure the problem is UMS, but I have no way of ruling out Java. I cannot see how playing with settings to enable the HiSense as a renderer would have messed up UMS so badly. Will UMS 8.2 run on any earlier vesion of Java, like Runtime Environment 8u65? Or should I revert to UMS 6.x as well as reverting my Java?