Version 9.7.2 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 9.7.2 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This release improves support for Apple TV and Sony AV receivers, and fixes a handful of bugs. Thanks to all who reported the bugs!

The v9 releases will continue for bugfixes and renderer support updates, and soon we will release the first pre-release for v10 which improves, stabilizes and extends our metadata, allowing for things like recommendations, genres, ratings from major sources, etc.

Download:

Windows, macOS and Linux: Our front page or our official mirrors
Docker: docker pull universalmediaserver/ums

Changes since 9.7.1
  • General:
    • Fixed HTTPS and authentication in the web interface (thanks, outnos!)
    • Fixed Windows service
    • Fixed auto updater getting stuck on program startup
    • Fixed high CPU usage for some users
    • Fixed fontconfig warning
  • Renderers:
    • Added support for Sony STR-DN1080 AV Receiver (thanks, GurliGebis!)
    • Fixed detection of newer versions of VLC on Apple TV (thanks, ajkessel!)
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Bulgarian (100%)
    • French (100%)
    • Hungarian (100%)
Notes:
  • We fully support Windows 7+, and have limited support for Windows XP and Vista
  • macOS 10.10+ is fully supported
Rares

Re: Version 9.7.2 released

Post by Rares »

Great job! Thanks for the high CPU usage issue fix ! I'm going to test this version ASAP...
chichan

Post by chichan »

Hi,
Since 9.7.1, Microsoft Defender has intervened when trying to run an update.

I've included a screen shot - see below. This happened after downloading and running UMS-9.7.2.exe

https://prnt.sc/th6ygr
Uranium

Post by Uranium »

Thanks for release !

There is another little problem with the wrapper : the firewall rule is not good.
When we launch UMS, it use "javaw" but when we launch as service, it use "java".
You should change java path in wrapper.conf like

Code: Select all

wrapper.java.command=jre14/bin/javaw
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Rares wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:10 am Great job! Thanks for the high CPU usage issue fix ! I'm going to test this version ASAP...
Thanks!
chichan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am Hi,
Since 9.7.1, Microsoft Defender has intervened when trying to run an update.

I've included a screen shot - see below. This happened after downloading and running UMS-9.7.2.exe

https://prnt.sc/th6ygr
We are aware of the issue but I'm not sure we can do anything. We had a problem in 9.7.1 that caused excessive CPU use, and that might have caused the Windows Defender SmartScreen to be wary of us. It is fixed now so if it is related to that, I hope they will stop having that popup soon. I have done research and I don't think there is a way we can signal to them that we are trustworthy. If it were a malware detection we could, but this isn't. *shrugs*
Uranium wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:06 am Thanks for release !

There is another little problem with the wrapper : the firewall rule is not good.
When we launch UMS, it use "javaw" but when we launch as service, it use "java".
You should change java path in wrapper.conf like

Code: Select all

wrapper.java.command=jre14/bin/javaw
Ah yes you're right. I think as a fix I will add that firewall rule for /java too. I'm not sure if there is a reason we don't use javaw for the service, but I don't want to change it and introduce risk. The firewall rule will be added in the next release
chichan

Post by chichan »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:23 pm I have done research and I don't think there is a way we can signal to them that we are trustworthy. If it were a malware detection we could, but this isn't. *shrugs*
Thanks for the update. I assume all Windows users will be getting this message? They probably click "More Info" > "Run Anyway", which is what I'll do :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

chichan wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:01 pm
SubJunk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:23 pm I have done research and I don't think there is a way we can signal to them that we are trustworthy. If it were a malware detection we could, but this isn't. *shrugs*
Thanks for the update. I assume all Windows users will be getting this message? They probably click "More Info" > "Run Anyway", which is what I'll do :)
Can you please let us know if you still see that warning on 9.8.0? I have opened a topic at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 5998099385
chichan

Post by chichan »

Can you please let us know if you still see that warning on 9.8.0? I have opened a topic at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 5998099385
I can happily confirm that there is no longer a warning :) Thanks for sorting this out.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for confirming :)