Over 3 million downloads on FossHub

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Over 3 million downloads on FossHub

Post by SubJunk »

We recently surpassed 3 million downloads on our primary download host FossHub. This is a big milestone for us!

FossHub has been a very supportive host for us, with good communication and support, and flawless speeds and uptime, from day one.

Thank you to the FossHub team, and to all of our contributors and users for getting us here!

Our total downloads are around 4x higher than this, since we use SourceForge for automatic updates, and also other mirrors like GitHub, MajorGeeks, VideoHelp, Softpedia, and others, as well as alternate methods of installation like Docker, Homebrew, and QNAP NAS.
pipin

Re: Over 3 million downloads on FossHub

Post by pipin »

Congratulations, I hope you get some donations, too.

UMS is one of the few freewares I ever donated to. Sorry, I'm a bit stingy when it comes to software.

When I care about a software I try to give feedback and comments.

Would be nice to see some more comments here too.

To the whole team: keep up the good work.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
FossHub

Post by FossHub »

@SubJunk Congratulations on a new milestone just saw this message, and somehow I missed the website update (during Christmas), which also looks great!

Thank you for the positive feedback. Do you mind if we share this post in the future?

Not announced, but we continuously expanded our network and just made a significant hardware upgrade.

FossHub new website will be launched soon, and it will be much faster than the existing one.

Kudos to everyone involved in UMS development
Sam - on behalf of FossHub Team
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

pipin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 am Congratulations, I hope you get some donations, too.

UMS is one of the few freewares I ever donated to. Sorry, I'm a bit stingy when it comes to software.

When I care about a software I try to give feedback and comments.

Would be nice to see some more comments here too.

To the whole team: keep up the good work.
Thank you for your kind words and donation pipin, it's always great to see your feedback on our releases :)
FossHub wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 am @SubJunk Congratulations on a new milestone just saw this message, and somehow I missed the website update (during Christmas), which also looks great!

Thank you for the positive feedback. Do you mind if we share this post in the future?

Not announced, but we continuously expanded our network and just made a significant hardware upgrade.

FossHub new website will be launched soon, and it will be much faster than the existing one.

Kudos to everyone involved in UMS development
Sam - on behalf of FossHub Team
Thank you Sam and the FossHub team :D
Please do free to share the post, and that is great news about the coming updates to FossHub, I look forward to seeing that!