Version 10.1.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 10.1.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This release focuses on stability, as well as sending more UPnP data to devices to allow them to resume playback if they support it, as well as other playback details.

Thanks to everyone who has reported bugs and made suggestions lately, please keep them coming! We are having a big push for stability and performance following the recent big release.

V10 focuses on providing more dynamic features to let you filter and sort your media in useful ways, and some big improvements to the web interface. A full list of changes is in our wiki here, and some features are described briefly in the features section of this website.

Download:

Downloads for Windows, macOS and Linux, and commands for Docker and Homebrew are available on our download page or from our official mirrors.

Changes since 10.0.1:
  • General:
    • Added lastPlaybackPosition, lastPlaybackDate, and playbackCount to UPnP responses
    • Added bitsPerSample to UPnP responses (thanks, sf666!)
    • Fixed VLC transcoding bugs
    • Fixed SkipExtensions setting not supporting spaces (thanks, ik666!)
    • Fixed tsMuxeR on 64-bit Linux (including Docker) and macOS systems
    • Fixed MPlayer/MEncoder on macOS 10.15+
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Arabic (100%) (thanks,خليل مراطلة (meratkha)!)
    • Catalan (93%) (thanks, nikodeimos!)
    • Dutch (100%) (thanks, DJ_eMPe!)
    • Korean (99%) (thanks, VenusGirl!)
    • Serbian (Cyrillic) (100%) (thanks, Slobodan Simić (Слободан Симић) (slsimic)!)
  • Dependency updates:
    • Bump junit5.version from 5.7.0 to 5.7.1
    • Bump maven-checkstyle-plugin from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2
    • Bump MPlayer/MEncoder for macOS to SB67

Operating system support:
  • Windows 7+, and limited support for Windows XP and Vista
  • macOS 10.10+
  • Docker
pipin

Re: Version 10.1.0 released

Post by pipin »

Thanks,

already running and now glitches so far.

Thx to github I'm now faster with the downloadnews:

https://www.planet3dnow.de/cms/61252-un ... er-10-1-0/ posted thursday. :mrgreen: ;)
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks pipin :)
Yes I have been delaying the release announcements on here because of the Windows warnings when it doesn't recognize the installer. So I do the release, download and then run it on my Windows machine, and early adopters like you download it, then Microsoft marks the installer as trustworthy, then I do the release announcement here. So hopefully that means that new users don't get that warning dialogue as much. That's the plan anyway :)
pipin

Post by pipin »

SubJunk wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:07 am Thanks pipin :)
Yes I have been delaying the release announcements on here because of the Windows warnings when it doesn't recognize the installer. So I do the release, download and then run it on my Windows machine, and early adopters like you download it, then Microsoft marks the installer as trustworthy, then I do the release announcement here. So hopefully that means that new users don't get that warning dialogue as much. That's the plan anyway :)
Ah ok, hope that works out as expected.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
thedude

Post by thedude »

And the new 64 bit version of tsmuxer also works now with recent OS versions :) 8-)