Version 4.0.0-b1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Kefran

Re: Version 4.0.0-b1 is released

Post by Kefran »

Congrats on the new addition to the family mate! :)
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Thanks mate, It's been a hectic few days
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

One minor, but irritating bug remains in that if "Remux with tsMuxeR if possible" is checked, FFmpeg will ignore subtitles completely. You need to uncheck it for subs to work, but then you'll transcode when you don't have to. I had posted debug logs before in the 4.0.0-a1 Issues thread in the Beta section. Also, you don't seem to have control over the size and position of .srt subs like you do with Mencoder. At least the Styled and Plaintext subtitle setting have no effect for me.
Last edited by Madoka on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:One minor, but irritating bug remains in that if "Remux with tsMuxeR if possible" is checked, FFmpeg will ignore subtitles completely. You need to uncheck it for subs to work, but then you'll remux when you don't have to. I had posted debug logs before in the 4.0.0-a1 Issues thread in the Beta section. Also, you don't seem to have control over the size and position of .srt subs like you do with Mencoder. At least the Styled and Plaintext subtitle setting have no effect for me.
I'm looking into the subtitles stuff now and fixing bugs when I find them. Hopefully it will all be fixed in 4.0.0, and I might post test versions in your thread to get you to check the fixes if you don't mind :)
Midiboy

Post by Midiboy »

Is here any chance we might be able to play by genre, artist or all so we can randomize all of our music without having to set the server to random file order? Just curious. Love ump.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

SubJunk wrote:I'm looking into the subtitles stuff now and fixing bugs when I find them. Hopefully it will all be fixed in 4.0.0, and I might post test versions in your thread to get you to check the fixes if you don't mind :)
I'd be happy to test any test versions. Bring it!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Midiboy wrote:Is here any chance we might be able to play by genre, artist or all so we can randomize all of our music without having to set the server to random file order? Just curious. Love ump.
As a matter of fact in 4.0.0 I added the possibility to set the sort-order on a per folder/directory level. Maybe not exactly what you want?
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.