Version 4.1.3 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
ArnBok

Re: Version 4.1.3 is released

Post by ArnBok »

Hi

I got problem with my Sony home thetatre system (BDV-E370) and have to back version 4.1.1. Then it work again!
t.u.g.

Post by t.u.g. »

Hi Guys,

is it possible to create a renderer for Technisat S1+? Its a HDTV-Tuner with UPnP-Support.
I tried out many other media server software on my ubuntu server 13.10 like plex or ps3 media server, but that wasn't the right thing. One time are the media folders empty, other time the transcoding will not start the movie (i walked thru the transcoding folder and start the movie but the movie won't play.) No i will give UMS a chance.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks.
smirk

Post by smirk »

Thanks for another awesome release!

I just clean-installed it and noticed something minor. In the Navigation/Share Settings tab, "Enable the cache" is enabled by default, but its tooltip says that the default is disabled.

Other than that, everything's working perfectly. :-)
fjrial

Post by fjrial »

sma76928 wrote:Hi:
is there any update about LG webos TV? this version stills not working with this TVs

best regads
I am using version 4.0.0 with LG webos TV with only a minor problem about subtitles support.

Profile using LG LA6200.. but my tv is LG 42 LB650v

Edited the mentioned profile and added this line
SupportedSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,ASS

This allow the SRT subtitles to be shown on the tv

Other minor problems:
-problems resuming videos: if I resume a video, the video does not reach to the end.. finish on some point randomly previous to the end..
-after playing more than 200 videos, some of them, a few dont play.. doesn´t check/review the video/codec etc..
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

ArnBok wrote:Hi

I got problem with my Sony home thetatre system (BDV-E370) and have to back version 4.1.1. Then it work again!
What's the problem?
t.u.g. wrote:Hi Guys,

is it possible to create a renderer for Technisat S1+? Its a HDTV-Tuner with UPnP-Support.
I tried out many other media server software on my ubuntu server 13.10 like plex or ps3 media server, but that wasn't the right thing. One time are the media folders empty, other time the transcoding will not start the movie (i walked thru the transcoding folder and start the movie but the movie won't play.) No i will give UMS a chance.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks.
Sure we can support it, first I need you to upload logs using version 5.0.0-a1 so we know how to identify the device. Just run UMS, power on the Technisat S1+, make sure they connect and then use "Pack debug files" on the "Logs" tab to save the logs :)