Version 4.2.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
xxxxed_badly

Re: Version 4.2.0 is released

Post by xxxxed_badly »

Hi!

Is PlugIn-Installation fixed by now? Since xxx versions the button "Download & Install selected Plugin" simply does nothing (Windows 8.1, Java 8, fresh install).

Regards,
XXXXed_Badly
pipin

Post by pipin »

Thank guys!

And suddenly subtittles on my samsung UE48H6600 are working. Great! :D

Now I can finally get rid of Plex and Servio.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
gatty

Post by gatty »

Hi,
Play well on Samsung but crashed when playing video with ext-subtitle on iPad. please check.
debug file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6o1jmzpxbtsd ... g.zip?dl=0

thanks
gatty
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

gatty - as always use trace level. Secondly restart and ONLY play the troublesome video. Does the Da'vinci video work on your samsung? There is a diff it looks like you use a .ass in the first case and then a .srt.
That said it works for me (haven't tried ipad though)
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
gatty

Post by gatty »

Hi SharkHunter,
all videos with all kinds of subtitle work very well on Samsung TV, the trouble only happens on iPad. the videos with any ext-subtitles make UMS crashed. moreover. videos without ext-subtitle can be played but not as smooth as v4.13. (file size about more than 1GB)
thanks
Goose7

Post by Goose7 »

No luck playing the majority of my iTunes library with 4.2.0 via my XBOX ONE.

I posted a thread in the Mac OSX section along with an attached debug zip file. The logs shows a bunch of errors each time a track is attempting to be played via the Xbox One UI.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:Thanks for the new release!!
Cheers and thanks for the testing!
Wolfgan wrote:Thanks for the new release, impressive amount of new features!
sma76928 wrote:Hi, thanks for the new release.
i confirmed that LG web OS tvs still not working on transcoding mode.

best regards
Is there a thread for this?
Kefran wrote:Is there any way to disable ffmpeg scanning fonts when starting UMS when I have subs disabled?
I've put this into the next version now :)
jaapie18 wrote:Does this release play dts mkv video's on xbox one? I want to keep the dts track.
Xbox One does not support DTS, so no.
turbo78 wrote:What is exactly changed in support for Panasonic TV's?

I have a Panasonic ST50 plasma and have problems playing DVD ISO-s. Sometimes it lists the tracks inside the ISO but just jumps from one to another when clicking play on them, but sometimes it says it can not read even the ISO file... Is there a way to make it work?

Also have a problem with latest versions that I did not have before, that some bigger files (SBS or OU 3D movies, some 1080p movies) are played choppy, sometimes even display please wait during playback, and the buffer is not working... when i press PAUSE on the TV the buffer bar just runs up to a max level (200) and when it reaches te max point it just drops to 0. while the movie is still paused on the TV. If i press PLAY again, the movie starts playing but after a while it starts to drop again, the video and the audio just start to falter, but it keep in sync...

My comp is an Intel QuadCore Q9550 with 4GB RAM could that be the problem?
We changed a few things with Panasonic TVs. The issue with a slow buffer could be CPU speed since now we use H.264 video instead of MPEG-2 for Panasonic TVs, in order to fix a bug they have with handling MPEG-2 sometimes where the screen gets distorted on the right side.
jaapie18 wrote:Okey i tested this version with the xbox one. MKV with ac3 track works, but dts won't work. IS there a way to fix this?
It will be fixed in the next version but for now you can untick "Keep DTS" in the UMS "Audio settings" tab on the Transcoding Settings page
xxxxed_badly wrote:Hi!

Is PlugIn-Installation fixed by now? Since xxx versions the button "Download & Install selected Plugin" simply does nothing (Windows 8.1, Java 8, fresh install).

Regards,
XXXXed_Badly
It works for me, please provide us with logs so we can see what's happening for you
pipin wrote:Thank guys!

And suddenly subtittles on my samsung UE48H6600 are working. Great! :D

Now I can finally get rid of Plex and Servio.
Cool! :D
gatty wrote:Hi SharkHunter,
all videos with all kinds of subtitle work very well on Samsung TV, the trouble only happens on iPad. the videos with any ext-subtitles make UMS crashed. moreover. videos without ext-subtitle can be played but not as smooth as v4.13. (file size about more than 1GB)
thanks
Yeah we need logs like SharkHunter said :)
sma76928

Post by sma76928 »

does any one expirience a delay between audio and video when transcoding with 4.2.0?
gatty

Post by gatty »

Hi SharkHunter SubJunk,
Attached is the new trace log file. in the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6o1jmzpxbtsd ... g.zip?dl=0
- Da Vinci's Demons S01E02 720p BRRip AAC DD5.1 x264-PSYPHER.mp4 with srt sub: crashed.
- Chef.2014.720p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv and House.of.Cards.2013.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND.mp4 with srt subs: subtitle loaded incorrectly to Chinese when it must be Vietnamese.
- Penny Dreadful S01E02 HDTVx264-ROM.mkv with srt sub: play with a bit lags
- 22.Jump.Street.2014.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-RARBG.mkv with srt sub: play well
- The.Strain.S01E02.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv with ass sub: play well
- Su.Do.Hanh.Gia.HDTV.720p.DatPhiLT.Tap.01.mkv no sub: play with a bit lags
thanks
gatty
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

gatty wrote:- Da Vinci's Demons S01E02 720p BRRip AAC DD5.1 x264-PSYPHER.mp4 with srt sub: crashed.
That log reveals the error "Unable to open /Volumes/Data/_Movies & TVs/TV shows/Da Vincis Demons S01 Complete Season 1/Da Vincis Demons S01E02 720p BRRip AAC DD5.1 x264-PSYPHER.srt", can you check and see if that subtitles file is there? Maybe there's a bug where we aren't creating the subtitles as we should